- A risk factor index predicting adolescent cigarette smoking: a 7-year longitudinal study
Health and Addiction Research, Inc, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 15:33-41. 2001
..The RFI could be useful in selecting youth for intensive prevention and early intervention efforts. Results also suggest the importance of further examination of gender differences in smoking behavior...
- Decreased youth tobacco use in Massachusetts 1996 to 1999: evidence of tobacco control effectiveness
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc, and Simmons College Graduate School of Social Work, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Tob Control 11:ii14-9. 2002
..To evaluate tobacco control in Massachusetts through examining trends in youth tobacco use from 1996 to 1999...
- Tobacco use among Massachusetts youth: is tobacco control working?
Health and Addictions Research, Inc, Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
Prev Med 31:287-95. 2000
..This paper examines whether the Massachusetts Tobacco Control Program is affecting the rates of smoking and smokeless tobacco use among Massachusetts' youth...
- The reliability of the Massachusetts Substance Abuse Management Information System
Health and Addictions Research, Inc, USA
J Clin Psychol 58:1057-69. 2002
..At the same time, caution should be used in making judgments about individual patients...
- Pathways through adolescent smoking: a 7-year longitudinal grouping analysis
Health and Addictions Research, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Psychol 21:495-504. 2002
..Results suggest that some clusters may respond to population-based antismoking interventions, whereas others (early escalators and continuous smokers) will probably require more focused interventions...
- Characteristics of users of cigars, bidis, and kreteks and the relationship to cigarette use
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc, Brookline, MA 02446, USA
Prev Med 37:250-8. 2003
..In the 1990s, youth use of alternative tobacco products including cigars, bidis, and kreteks increased. This article discusses the prevalence of youth use of cigars, bidis, and kreteks, and characteristics of users...
- The cigar as a drug delivery device: youth use of blunts
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc and Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, Boston, MA, USA
Addiction 98:1379-86. 2003
..We investigated rates of blunt use; whether cigar use reported in surveys may actually be blunt use; the relationship of blunt to cigar use; characteristics of blunt users; brands of cigars used to make blunts; and drugs added to blunts...
- Youth attitudes and beliefs toward alternative tobacco products: cigars, bidis, and kreteks
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, Brookline, Massachusetts 02446, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:549-66. 2005
..Because the study was conducted with a convenience sample in one state, results do not necessarily generalize...