Affiliation: Simmons College
- A survey of hand hygiene practices on a residential college campusElizabeth Scott
Simmons College Center for Hygiene and Health in Home and Community and the Department of Biology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Infect Control 35:694-6. 2007..However, preventative measures such as handwashing and hand sanitation are often not well-supported, understood, or practiced on campus...
- A pilot study to isolate Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant S aureus from environmental surfaces in the homeElizabeth Scott
Center for Hygiene and Health in Home and Community, Department of Biology, Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Infect Control 36:458-60. 2008....
- Community-based infections and the potential role of common touch surfaces as vectors for the transmission of infectious agents in home and community settingsElizabeth Scott
Simmons College Center for Hygiene and Health in Home and Community, Simmons College, Boston, MA Electronic address
Am J Infect Control 41:1087-92. 2013..Understanding the role of common touch surfaces should inform surface hygiene practices and these surfaces should be the subject of future intervention studies. ..
- A critical evaluation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and other bacteria of medical interest on commonly touched household surfaces in relation to household demographicsElizabeth Scott
Department of Biology, Simmons College Center for Hygiene and Health in Home and Community, Simmons College, 300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Infect Control 37:447-53. 2009..We sought to characterize and quantify bacteria of medical interest on commonly touched household surfaces and to evaluate predictors such as employment, day care attendance, and presence of infants and pets...
- A pilot study describing infant formula preparation and feeding practicesNancie H Herbold
Department of Nutrition, Simmons College, Boston, USA
Int J Environ Health Res 18:451-9. 2008..Hand washing is one of the most important home hygiene practices; however, hand washing practices by participants in our study prior to baby bottle preparation was poor...
- An in-home video study and questionnaire survey of food preparation, kitchen sanitation, and hand washing practicesElizabeth Scott
Department of Biology, Center for Hygiene and Health in the Home and Community, Simmons College, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Environ Health 72:8-13. 2010..This information can aid food safety and other health professionals in targeting food safety education so that consumers understand their own critical role in decreasing their risk for foodborne illness...
- Home hygiene and the prevention of infectious disease in developing countries: a responsibility for allKumar Nath
India Institute of Hygiene, and PH, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Int J Environ Health Res 13:S5-8. 2003