Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Signal Pharmaceuticals
- Multiple signals converging on NF-kappaBF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 11:226-32. 1999..These studies suggest a basis for specificity in activation of specific Rel-related family members and the genetic responses they promote...
- IKK-1 and IKK-2: cytokine-activated IkappaB kinases essential for NF-kappaB activationF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 278:860-6. 1997..Mutant versions of IKK-2 had pronounced effects on RelA nuclear translocation and NF-kappaB-dependent reporter activity, consistent with a critical role for the IKK kinases in the NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- IkappaB kinase (IKK)-associated protein 1, a common component of the heterogeneous IKK complexF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:1526-38. 1999..IKKAP1 therefore appears to mediate an essential step of the NF-kappaB signal transduction cascade. Heterogeneity of IKK complexes in vivo may provide a mechanism for differential regulation of NF-kappaB activation...
- Severe liver degeneration in mice lacking the IkappaB kinase 2 geneQ Li
Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Signal Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 284:321-5. 1999..IKK1 associated with NF-kappaB essential modulator (IKKgamma/IKKAP1), another component of the IKK complex. These results show that IKK2 is essential for mouse development and cannot be substituted with IKK1...
- Detection and purification of a multiprotein kinase complex from mammalian cells. IKK signalsomeF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 99:109-25. 2000
- Roles of IKK kinases and protein kinase CK2 in activation of nuclear factor-kappaB in breast cancerR Romieu-Mourez
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118-2394, USA
Cancer Res 61:3810-8. 2001....
- SCF(beta)(-TrCP) ubiquitin ligase-mediated processing of NF-kappaB p105 requires phosphorylation of its C-terminus by IkappaB kinaseA Orian
Department of Biochemistry and the Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa 31096, Israel
EMBO J 19:2580-91. 2000..Since p105-Delta918-934 is also conjugated and processed, it appears that p105 can be recognized under different physiological conditions by two different ligases, targeting two distinct recognition motifs...
- Identification of a dual specificity kinase that activates the Jun kinases and p38-Mpk2A Lin
Department of Pharmacology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0636, USA
Science 268:286-90. 1995..JNKK also activated another MAPK, p38 (Mpk2; the mammalian homolog of HOG1 from yeast), whose activity is regulated similarly to that of the JNKs...
- Identification of the receptor component of the IkappaBalpha-ubiquitin ligaseA Yaron
The Lautenberg Center for Immunology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Nature 396:590-4. 1998..When these receptor components recognize their specific ligand, which is a conserved, phosphorylation-based sequence motif, they target regulatory proteins containing this motif for proteasomal degradation...
- Mapping of the inducible IkappaB phosphorylation sites that signal its ubiquitination and degradationJ Didonato
Department of Pharmacology, Program in Biomedical Science, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:1295-304. 1996..As substitution of a conserved lysine residue slows down the ubiquitination and degradation of IkappaBalpha without affecting its phosphorylation, polyubiquitination is required for inducible IkappaB degradation...
- Activation of NF-kappa B is required for hypertrophic growth of primary rat neonatal ventricular cardiomyocytesN H Purcell
Ben May Institute for Cancer Research and the Committee on Cancer Biology, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC6027, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6668-73. 2001..These findings suggest that NF-kappaB plays a critical role in the hypertrophic growth of cardiomyocytes and may serve as a potential target for the intervention of heart disease...
- Expression and regulation of inducible IkappaB kinase (IKK-i) in human fibroblast-like synoviocytesK R Aupperle
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cell Immunol 214:54-9. 2001..This is the first report demonstrating constitutive expression and cytokine regulation of this novel kinase in primary human synovial cells...