Todd A Milbrandt
Affiliation: Shriners Hospitals for Children
- The position of the aorta relative to the spine in patients with left thoracic scoliosis: a comparison with normal patientsTodd A Milbrandt
Shriners Hospital for Children and University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E348-53. 2007..Analysis axial magnetic resonance images (MRIs) identifying the position of the aorta in left thoracic scoliosis and normal patients...
- Friedreich's ataxia and scoliosis: the experience at two institutionsTodd A Milbrandt
University of Kentucky and Shriners Hospital for Children, 1900 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 28:234-8. 2008..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the demographics, progression, nonoperative, and operative treatment of spinal deformities in patients with Friedreich's ataxia at 2 tertiary pediatric orthopaedic hospitals...
- A comparison of three methods of pain control for posterior spinal fusions in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisTodd A Milbrandt
Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1499-503. 2009..Retrospective cohort study...
- The results of preoperative halo-gravity traction in children with severe spinal deformityTigran Garabekyan
aDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia bDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shriners Hospital for Children, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Pediatr Orthop B 23:1-5. 2014..The overall complication rate was 19%, including two patients with pin loosening and two patients with superficial pin-site infections treated with oral antibiotics. ..
- Syringomyelia and vertebral osteochondromas in patients with multiple hereditary exostosisRobert L Thompson
Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Pediatr Orthop B 23:449-53. 2014..Although the incidence of spinal osteochondroma in our population is lower than that of previous studies, we found a relatively high incidence of syringomyelia in these patients, which has not been previously reported. ..
- Correlation of spine deformity, lung function, and seat pressure in spina bifidaJayesh Patel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1302-7. 2011..Sitting imbalance causes areas of high pressure in patients already at high risk for developing pressure ulcers due to insensate skin...
- Down syndrome and scoliosis: a review of a 50-year experience at one institutionTodd A Milbrandt
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2051-5. 2005..Retrospective review case series...