Cheng Hui Fang
Affiliation: Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Protein breakdown in muscle from burned rats is blocked by insulin-like growth factor i and glycogen synthase kinase-3beta inhibitorsCheng Hui Fang
Shriners Hospital for Children, 3229 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Endocrinology 146:3141-9. 2005....
- GSK-3beta activity is increased in skeletal muscle after burn injury in ratsCheng Hui Fang
Shriners Hospitals for Children, 3229 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1545-51. 2007..The results suggest that burn injury stimulates GSK-3beta activity in skeletal muscle and that GSK-3beta may, at least in part, regulate glucocorticoid-mediated muscle wasting...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I inhibits dexamethasone-induced proteolysis in cultured L6 myotubes through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3beta and PI3K/Akt/mTOR-dependent mechanismsBing-Guo Li
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Cincinnati Burns Hospital, 3229 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:2207-16. 2005..Our results suggest that PI3K/Akt-mediated inactivation of GSK-3beta and activation of mTOR contribute to the anabolic effects of IGF-I in dexamethasone-treated myotubes...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I inhibits lysosomal and proteasome-dependent proteolysis in skeletal muscle after burn injuryCheng-Hui Fang
Deparetment of Surgery, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0558, Cincinnati, OH 45267-0558, USA
J Burn Care Rehabil 23:318-25. 2002..Results are important because they provide novel information about intracellular mechanisms by which IGF-I inhibits the catabolic response to burn injury in skeletal muscle...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I blocks dexamethasone-induced protein degradation in cultured myotubes by inhibiting multiple proteolytic pathways: 2002 ABA paperBing-Guo Li
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Cincinnati Burns Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Burn Care Rehabil 25:112-8. 2004..The present results suggest that IGF-I inhibits glucocorticoid-induced muscle proteolysis by blocking multiple proteolytic pathways...