Jillian C Shipherd
- A preliminary examination of treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder in chronic pain patients: a case studyJillian C Shipherd
Department of Psychology, SUNY Buffalo, New York, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:451-7. 2003..Although there were no changes in subjective pain, there were pain-related functional improvements and reductions in other psychiatric diagnoses for the majority of patients...
- Predicting alcohol and drug abuse in Persian Gulf War veterans: what role do PTSD symptoms play?Jillian C Shipherd
Boston University School of Medicine, USA
Addict Behav 30:595-9. 2005..Hierarchical regressions were conducted to examine the self-medication hypothesis, which was supported for drug use but not for alcohol use at T3...
- The role of attentional biases in PTSD: is it interference or facilitation?Suzanne L Pineles
VA Boston Healthcare System, National Center for PTSD, Women s Health Sciences Division 116B 3, Boston, MA, USA
Behav Res Ther 45:1903-13. 2007..High PTSD veterans who engaged in the interference task first showed increased interference to threat-relevant words relative to Low PTSD veterans. However, no evidence was found for facilitated detection of threatening stimuli in PTSD...
- Veterans seeking treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder: what about comorbid chronic pain?Jillian C Shipherd
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Women s Health Sciences Division 116B 3, VA Medical Center, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:153-66. 2007..While our results must be interpreted cautiously because of multiple confounding factors and the absence of experimental manipulation, they highlight the importance of PTSD and pain comorbidity...
- Longitudinal investigation of reciprocal relationship between stress reactions and hardinessDawne S Vogt
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 34:61-73. 2008..Although the negative impact of stress reactions on hardiness was strongest when social support was low for both genders, stress reactions predicted enhanced hardiness when social support was high for women only...
- Sexual harassment in the Marines, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and perceived health: evidence for sex differencesJillian C Shipherd
VA Boston Healthcare System, National Center for PTSD Women s Health Sciences Division, and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:3-10. 2009..For men with MST, there was some evidence for the association being partially mediated by PSS, but no mediation was found in women...
- Attentional biases in PTSD: More evidence for interferenceSuzanne L Pineles
National Center for PTSD, Women s Health Sciences Division, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Ave 116B 3, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Behav Res Ther 47:1050-7. 2009..g., PTSD, GAD) rather than those more circumscribed to fight or flight response (e.g., phobias)...
- Posttraumatic stress symptomatology as a mediator of the association between military sexual trauma and post-deployment physical health in womenBrian N Smith
Women s Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 12:275-89. 2011..The findings from the current study indicate that sexual assault has detrimental associations with physical health and that PSS plays a primary role in that relationship...