Stephanie L Shimada
- Patient-provider secure messaging in VA: variations in adoption and association with urgent care utilizationStephanie L Shimada
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Med Care 51:S21-8. 2013..This disruptive technology has the potential to support continuous, coordinated quality care, but limited evidence supports this connection...
- Market and beneficiary characteristics associated with enrollment in Medicare managed care plans and fee-for-serviceStephanie L Shimada
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford VA Medical Center, 200 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Med Care 47:517-23. 2009..Past research has shown that Medicare managed care plans tend to attract healthier beneficiaries and that market characteristics such as managed care penetration may also affect risk selection...
- Personal health record use and its association with antiretroviral adherence: survey and medical record data from 1871 US veterans infected with HIVD Keith McInnes
VA QUERI Program and VA New England Healthcare System, Bedford VA Medical Center, 200 Springs Road, Building 70, Bedford, MA, 01730, USA
AIDS Behav 17:3091-100. 2013..Findings provide support for longitudinal studies and studies that identify which PHR functions (e.g. online medication refills, viewing lab results, secure messaging with providers) are most closely associated with medication adherence...
- The National Cancer Institute's Health Information National Trends Survey [HINTS]: a national cross-sectional analysis of talking to your doctor and other healthcare providers for health informationJulie E Volkman
eHealth Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, US Department of Veterans Affairs, 200 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
BMC Fam Pract 15:111. 2014..This study sought to understand the characteristics of patients that turn to their doctor or healthcare provider first for a recent health or medical information need...
- Veteran internet use and engagement with health information onlineThomas K Houston
eHealth Quality Enhancement Research Initiative and Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, 200 Springs Road 152, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Mil Med 178:394-400. 2013..Veterans in VA are using the Internet for health information, and there is an opportunity to engage them more...
- Development and evaluation of an internet and personal health record training program for low-income patients with HIV or hepatitis CD Keith McInnes
VA QUERI Program and Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, ENRM VA Medical Center, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Med Care 51:S62-6. 2013..Populations disconnected from the internet also tend to be disconnected from health care services...