Anwar K Sheikha
- Fatal familial infantile myelofibrosisAnwar Sheikha
Department of Hematology, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, P O Box 641, Abha, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:164-8. 2004..Autosomal recessive inheritance remained a logical explanation, although such a high degree of disease presentation in a non-consanguineous marriage seems to put that possibility in question...
- Dyserythropoiesis in 105 patients with visceral leishmaniasisAnwar Sheikha
Department of Hematology, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
Lab Hematol 10:206-11. 2004..It is possible that both frank nuclear dyserythropoiesis and marrow parasitemia are etiologically under the influence of a common chemokine or cytokine...
- Splenic syndrome in patients at high altitude with unrecognized sickle cell trait: splenectomy is often unnecessaryAnwar Sheikha
Department of Haematology, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
Can J Surg 48:377-81. 2005....
- Prevention of overwhelming postsplenectomy infection in thalassemia patients by partial rather than total splenectomyAnwar K Sheikha
Department of Pathology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss 39216, USA
Can J Surg 50:382-6. 2007..Overwhelming postsplenectomy infection is a serious complication of splenectomy in these patients, and most present with pneumococcal septicemia. Pneumococcal vaccine given before surgery is a well-established preventive measure...
- Hemorrhagic episodes in hemophiliacs simulating abdominal surgical emergenciesMohammad E Rabie
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, King Khalid University, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:95-8. 2004..Here, we describe the clinical course of 2 patients with hemophilia A who suffered bleeding in the abdomen and were treated conservatively with a successful outcome...