Affiliation: Shaw University
- Differences in resident characteristics and prevalence of urinary incontinence in nursing homes in the southeastern United StatesJosephine E A Boyington
The Institute for Health, Social and Community Research, Shaw University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, USA
Nurs Res 56:97-107. 2007..Relatively little is known about differences in the prevalence of urinary incontinence (UI) by race and region in the United States...
- Dissatisfaction with body size among low-income, postpartum black womenJosephine Boyington
Institute for Health, Social and Community Research, Shaw University, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 36:144-51. 2007..To explore the body size perceptions of low-income, postpartum Black women...
- Cultural attitudes toward weight, diet, and physical activity among overweight African American girlsJosephine E A Boyington
Institute for Health, Social and Community Research, Shaw University, 900 S Wilmington St, Suite 220, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A36. 2008..This pilot study sought to qualitatively explore cultural attitudes and perceptions toward body image, food, and physical activity among a sample of overweight African American girls...
- Self-rated health, activities of daily living, and mobility limitations among black and white stroke survivorsJosephine E A Boyington
Shaw University, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
J Aging Health 20:920-39. 2008..SRH was predictive of limitations in Whites only. Observed differences suggest SRH construct may differ by race...
- Developing weight loss interventions for African-American women: elements of successful modelsYvonne Bronner
Department of Population and Family Health Sciences, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:224-35. 2002....