Affiliation: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Genotypic and phenotypic relationships among methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from three multicentre bacteraemia studiesPamela A Moise
University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:873-6. 2009....
- Comparative effectiveness of nafcillin or cefazolin versus vancomycin in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaMarin L Schweizer
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:279. 2011..The outcome of interest for this study was 30-day in-hospital mortality...
- Clinical outcomes of patients receiving daptomycin for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus infections and assessment of clinical factors for daptomycin failure: a retrospective cohort study utilizing the Cubicin Outcomes Registry and ExperienceGeorge Sakoulas
Division of Infectious Diseases, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Clin Ther 31:1936-45. 2009..Daptomycin is most commonly used as a second-line treatment. Previous studies have not differentiated the effect of prior antibiotic therapy on daptomycin clinical outcomes...
- Clinical outcomes with daptomycin: a post-marketing, real-world evaluationG Sakoulas
Division of Infectious Diseases, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, NY, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:11-6. 2009..However, similar treatment outcomes were observed when daptomycin was used as first-line therapy or as salvage therapy, demonstrating the effectiveness of daptomycin in the treatment of these patients...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: comparison of susceptibility testing methods and analysis of mecA-positive susceptible strainsG Sakoulas
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:3946-51. 2001..We conclude that the accuracy of the MRSA-Screen latex agglutination method for detection of PBP 2a approaches the accuracy of PCR and is more accurate than any susceptibility testing method used alone for the detection of MRSA...
- Prevalence of the fsr locus in Enterococcus faecalis infectionsS K Pillai
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:2651-2. 2002..faecalis clinical isolates demonstrated fsr in all endocarditis isolates versus 53% of stool isolates (P = 0.005). This supports a role for fsr-mediated virulence in the pathogenesis of enterococcal infections in humans...