Jeffrey D Dunn
Affiliation: SelectHealth Plans
- Managed care considerationsJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth, 9502 Carriage Chase Ln, Sandy, UT 04092, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:S227-37. 2008..Understanding the role of antiplatelet therapy in secondary prevention can help the managed care community optimize clinical and economic outcomes, thereby reducing the overall burden of cerebrovascular disease...
- Indications for recombinant human growth hormone and evaluation of available recombinant human growth hormone devices: implications for managed care organizationsJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth, Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:eS16-22. 2011..Managed care organizations face several challenges in providing rhGH therapy, including deciding who is most likely to benefit from treatment and when to discontinue treatment if the benefits appear to level off...
- Utilization and drug cost outcomes of a step-therapy edit for generic antidepressants in an HMO in an integrated health systemJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth, 4646 West Lake Park Blvd, Suite N3, Salt Lake City, Utah 84120, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:294-302. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact on utilization and costs of a generic steptherapy edit for antidepressant drugs excluding TCAs in a health maintenance organization (HMO) in an integrated health system (IHS)...
- A step therapy algorithm for the treatment and management of chronic depressionJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth Plans, 4646 West Lake Park Blvd, Ste N3, Salt Lake City, UT 84120, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:S335-43. 2006..Switching to a drug from a different class of agents than the failed trial drug is recommended based on the differential mechanism of action between classes...
- Pharmacy management approach: how do we align all the incentives?Jeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth Plans, 4646 West Lake Park Blvd, Suite N3, Salt Lake City, UT 84120, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:S16-9. 2007..As a means to repair this apparent disconnect, pay for performance (P4P) initiatives are being implemented across the country...
- Diabetes pharmacy management: balancing safety, cost, and outcomesJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth, Murray, Utah 84123, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:S201-6. 2010..Regardless of the specific inventions applied at health plans for improving treatment success in type 2 diabetes, pharmacy director leadership and involvement can contribute to the success of these efforts...
- A claims-based view of health care charges and utilization for commercially insured patients with osteoarthritisJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth Inc Salt Lake City, UT 84120, USA
Manag Care 18:44-50. 2009....
- Description of the outcomes of prior authorization of palivizumab for prevention of respiratory syncytial virus infection in a managed care organizationBrieana C Buckley
SelectHealth, 4646 W Lake Park Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84120, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 16:15-22. 2010....
- Anaphylaxis: a payor's perspective on epinephrine autoinjectorsJeffrey D Dunn
SelectHealth, Salt Lake City, Utah
Am J Med 127:S45-50. 2014..Managed care organizations can play a role in educational initiatives. ..
- Issues related to recombinant human growth hormone utilization and optimization in a health plan settingNancy A Nickman
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:eS11-5. 2011..In adults, the primary economic burden of GHD is healthcare-related costs such as increased hospital days and clinic visits...
- Implementing CER: what will it take?Joseph E Biskupiak
University of Utah, College of Pharmacy, Dept of Pharmacotherapy, 421 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 18:S19-29. 2012..A roundtable of stakeholders, including formulary decision makers, evaluated CER's possible effects on managed care organizations (MCOs) and what it may take to fully integrate CER into decision making...
- Effects of a polypharmacy edit and reduced quantity limits on the utilization of triptans and overall costs in an integrated health systemJeffrey D Dunn
Pharmacy Services for Intermountain Healthcare Health Plans, Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah 84120, USA
Manag Care Interface 19:46-51. 2006....
- Development of a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) pharmacy and therapeutics (P&T) subcommittee and CAM guide for providersJeffrey D Dunn
Intermountain Health Care Health Plans, 4646 West Lake Park Blvd, Suite N3, Salt Lake City, UT 84120, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 11:252-8. 2005....