Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Section of Hematology and Coagulation Medicine
- Oral RDP58 allows CPT-11 dose intensification for enhanced tumor response by decreasing gastrointestinal toxicityJingsong Zhao
Department of Discovery Research, SangStat Medical Corporation, Fremont, California 94555, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:2851-9. 2004..Our results suggest that RDP58 may have clinical utility in cancer therapy by preventing treatment-associated GI toxicity and potentially increasing the effectiveness of chemotherapy...
- Mitogenic influence of human R-spondin1 on the intestinal epitheliumKyung Ah Kim
Nuvelo, Inc, 675 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Science 309:1256-9. 2005..The protein also displayed efficacy in a model of chemotherapy-induced intestinal mucositis and may have therapeutic application in gastrointestinal diseases...
- R-Spondin proteins: a novel link to beta-catenin activationKyung Ah Kim
Nuvelo Inc, San Carlos, California, USA
Cell Cycle 5:23-6. 2006....
- R-spondin1, a novel intestinotrophic mitogen, ameliorates experimental colitis in miceJingsong Zhao
Department of Research, Nuvelo, Inc, San Carlos, California, USA
Gastroenterology 132:1331-43. 2007..R-spondin 1 (Rspo1) is a novel epithelial mitogen that stimulates the growth of mucosa in both the small and large intestine...
- rNAPc2 inhibits colorectal cancer in mice through tissue factorJingsong Zhao
Department of Research, Nuvelo, Inc, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:208-16. 2009..TF is highly expressed in human colorectal tumors, and levels are positively correlated with disease progression...
- R-Spondin1 protects mice from chemotherapy or radiation-induced oral mucositis through the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin pathwayJingsong Zhao
Department of Research, Nuvelo, Inc, 201 Industrial Road, Suite 310, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2331-6. 2009..In conclusion, our results demonstrate RSpo1 to be a potent therapeutic agent for oral mucositis by enhancing basal layer epithelial regeneration and accelerating mucosal repair through up-regulation of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- The lymphoid cell surface receptor NTB-A: a novel monoclonal antibody target for leukaemia and lymphoma therapeuticsWouter Korver
Nuvelo, Inc, San Carlos, CA, USA
Br J Haematol 137:307-18. 2007..Taken together, these results demonstrate NTB-A as a potential new target for immunotherapy of leukaemia and lymphomas...
- Tipping the balance: modulating the Wnt pathway for tissue repairJingsong Zhao
Nuvelo, Inc, 201 Industrial Road, Suit 310, San Carlos, CA 94070 6211, USA
Trends Biotechnol 27:131-6. 2009..As physiological Wnt response is essential for the regeneration of damaged tissues, modulation of the Wnt pathway might be beneficial for the treatment of multiple human diseases...
- Overexpression of Smurf1 negatively regulates mouse embryonic lung branching morphogenesis by specifically reducing Smad1 and Smad5 proteinsWei Shi
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L293-300. 2004..Thus overexpression of Smurf1 specifically promotes Smad1 and Smad5 ubiquitination and degradation in embryonic lung epithelium, thereby modulating the effects of BMP4 on embryonic lung growth...
- Nitrofen inhibition of pulmonary growth and development occurs in the early embryonic mouseMichael J Leinwand
Division of Pediatric Surgery and Developmental Biology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:1263-8. 2002..04), SP-A (24.1%; P =.008), SP-B (23.4%; P =.05), SP-C (20%; P =.06), and CC-10 (13.8%; P =.04). CONCLUSION: Nitrofen induces primary pulmonary hypoplasia and immaturity in the early embryonic mouse, and this effect persists in culture...