Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
- Interaction of an atypical Plasmodium falciparum ETRAMP with human apolipoproteinsMarissa Vignali
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Box 355065, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Malar J 7:211. 2008..To better understand this aspect of malaria pathogenesis, a study was conducted with the goal of identifying interactions between proteins of the parasite and those of its human host...
- Efficient termination of vacuolar Rab GTPase signaling requires coordinated action by a GAP and a protein kinaseChristopher L Brett
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Cell Biol 182:1141-51. 2008..We propose that signal propagation through the Ypt7 pathway is controlled by integrated feedback and feed-forward loops. In this model, Yck3 enforces a requirement for the activated Rab in docking and fusion...
- A protein interaction network of the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparumDouglas J LaCount
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Box 357730, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 438:103-7. 2005..These data constitute the first extensive description of the protein interaction network for this important human pathogen...
- Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteinsSheng Ying Lo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:40-7. 2012..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion...
- Malaria sporozoite proteome leaves a trailMarissa Vignali
Malaria Program, Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genome Biol 10:216. 2009..The malaria parasite sporozoite proteome changes during maturation, revealing proteins specifically expressed in the stage that infects the human host...
- Structural genomics of pathogenic protozoa: an overviewErkang Fan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 426:497-513. 2008..Fragment cocktail crystallography" for medical structural genomics is also described...
- NSR-seq transcriptional profiling enables identification of a gene signature of Plasmodium falciparum parasites infecting childrenMarissa Vignali
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1119-29. 2011..Our study provides proof of principle that NSR-seq represents an approach that can be used to study clinical isolates of parasites causing severe malaria syndromes as well other blood-borne pathogens and blood-related diseases...