Anita M Jablonski
Affiliation: Seattle University
- The multidimensional characteristics of symptoms reported by patients on hemodialysisAnita Jablonski
Seattle University College of Nursing, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 34:29-37; quiz 38. 2007..Symptom assessment should include the full complement of symptoms patients experience and move beyond the current practice of assessment of severity alone to include all symptom dimensions...
- Symptom assessment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseAnita Jablonski
Seattle University, WA 98122 1090, USA
West J Nurs Res 29:845-63. 2007..86). Content and convergent validity of the revised tool were also established. The revised MSAS appears to be an appropriate measure of the multidimensional, multisymptom experience of patients with severe COPD...
- Nursing home staff adherence to evidence-based pain management practicesAnita Jablonski
Seattle University College of Nursing, 901 12th Avenue, PO Box 222000, Seattle, WA 98122 1090, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 35:28-34; quiz 36-7. 2009..Research is needed to determine factors that contribute to less-than-optimal adherence to evidence-based guidelines for pain management, as well as the best methods for implementing practice change...
- The use of algorithms in assessing and managing persistent pain in older adultsAnita M Jablonski
Seattle University College of Nursing, WA, USA
Am J Nurs 111:34-43; quiz 44-5. 2011..This article introduces readers to the use of algorithms in guiding the assessment and management of persistent pain in older adults, and provides an illustrative case study...
- A cluster of symptoms over time in patients with lung cancerAudrey G Gift
College of Nursing, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824-1317, USA
Nurs Res 52:393-400. 2003..Symptom severity, the number of symptoms reported, and the severity of the individual symptoms decreased over time. The stage of cancer at diagnosis is the best predictor of symptoms later in the disease...
- Symptom clusters in elderly patients with lung cancerAudrey G Gift
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 31:202-12. 2004..To identify the number, type, and combination (cluster) of symptoms experienced by patients with lung cancer...
- The illness trajectory of end-stage renal disease dialysis patientsAnita Jablonski
Michigan State University, College of Nursing, A211 Life Sciences, East Lansing, MI 48824 1317, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 18:51-72. 2004..The significance of the trajectory for clinical practice is discussed as well as the need for further research to validate and refine the model...
- Palliative care: misconceptions that limit access for patients with chronic renal diseaseAnita Jablonski
Semin Dial 21:206-9. 2008..It is hoped that clarification of these misconceptions will facilitate integration of palliative care into routine nephrology practice...