H Russell Searight
- Cultural diversity at the end of life: issues and guidelines for family physiciansH Russell Searight
Forest Park Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, St Louis, Missouri 63139, USA
Am Fam Physician 71:515-22. 2005..By paying attention to the patient's values, spirituality, and relationship dynamics, the family physician can elicit and follow cultural preferences...
- "It's like playing with your destiny": Bosnian immigrants' views of advance directives and end-of-life decision-makingH Russell Searight
Family Medicine Residency Program, Forest Park Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63139, USA
J Immigr Health 7:195-203. 2005..The findings suggest that the value of individual autonomy and control over the health care decisions may not be applicable to cultures with a collectivist orientation...
- Behavioral science education and the international medical graduateH Russell Searight
6125 Clayton Avenue, Suite 222, Saint Louis, MO 63139, USA
Acad Med 81:164-70. 2006..The authors sought to improve the behavioral science education in their residency program by learning about IMGs' previous training and experience in behavioral science before coming to the United States...
- Efficient counseling techniques for the primary care physicianH Russell Searight
Department of Psychology, Lake Superior State University, 650 West Easterday Avenue, Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783, USA
Prim Care 34:551-70, vi-vii. 2007..Although limited, available research suggests that carefully targeted brief counseling in medical settings does produce meaningful change...
- Bosnian immigrants' perceptions of the United States health care system: a qualitative interview studyH Russell Searight
Family Medicine Residency Program, Forest Park Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Immigr Health 5:87-93. 2003..health care as bureaucratic. Participants compared their experience with prewar Bosnian health care along these dimensions. Implications of the findings and suggestions for improving care to the Bosnian immigrant population are provided...