Affiliation: Scott and White Memorial Hospital
- Residents' perspectives of the value of a simulation curriculum in a general surgery residency program: a multimethod study of stakeholder feedbackHania Wehbe-Janek
Department of Internal Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX, USA
Surgery 151:815-21. 2012..The purpose of this multimethod study was to explore residents' perceptions of simulation within surgical residency as relevant stakeholder feedback and program evaluation of the surgery simulation curriculum...
- An evaluation of the usefulness of the standardized patient methodology in the assessment of surgery residents' communication skillsHania Wehbe-Janek
Division of Education Clinical Simulation Educational Research and Development, Scott and White Healthcare, Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Surg Educ 68:172-7. 2011..The overall objective of this study is to assess the usefulness of a standardized patient (SP) educational activity in the evaluation of surgery residents' communication skills...
- Nurses' perceptions of simulation-based interprofessional training program for rapid response and code blue eventsHania Wehbe-Janek
Scott and White Healthcare Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Medical Education Center, Temple, TX 76508, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 27:43-50. 2012..This study provides support for the implementation and continued use of simulation interprofessional programs in hospital settings...
- Using simulation to orient code blue teams to a new hospital facilityFrank J Villamaria
Department of Anesthesiology, Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Scott and White and Temple College Clinical Simulation Center, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Simul Healthc 3:209-16. 2008..A secondary objective was to elucidate factors that may have contributed to responses by debriefing teams...
- Evaluation of an interprofessional clinician-patient communication workshop utilizing standardized patient methodologyCasey Lagan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Scott and White Healthcare, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Surg Educ 70:95-103. 2013....
- OB/GYN boot cAMP using high-fidelity human simulators: enhancing residents' perceived competency, confidence in taking a leadership role, and stress hardinessJOSE F PLIEGO
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, TX, USA
Simul Healthc 3:82-9. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of an obstetrical and gynecologic (Ob/Gyn) Boot Camp simulation training on perceived technical competency, confidence in a leadership role, and stress hardiness of resident training...
- A national cross-sectional survey of social networking practices of U.S. anesthesiology residency program directorsAndrew L Barker
Department of Anesthesiology, Scott and White Healthcare and Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76508, USA
J Clin Anesth 24:618-24. 2012..To determine the social networking practices of directors of anesthesiology residency programs...
- Surgical safety checklist and operating room efficiency: results from a large multispecialty tertiary care hospitalHarry T Papaconstantinou
Department of Surgery, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, 2401 South 31st Street, Temple, TX 76508, USA Electronic address
Am J Surg 206:853-9; discussion 859-60. 2013..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of SSC implementation on OR efficiency...