Stephen E Daniels
Affiliation: SCIREX Corporation
- Valdecoxib for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. A randomized, double-blind comparison with placebo and naproxenStephen E Daniels
SCIREX Corporation, 3200 Red River, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:62-7. 2005..To compare the analgesic efficacy of valdecoxib with placebo and naproxen sodium for relieving menstrual cramping and pain due to primary dysmenorrhea...
- Rofecoxib 50 mg and valdecoxib 20 or 40 mg in adults and adolescents with postoperative pain after third molar extraction: results of two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-dose studiesStephen E Daniels
SCIREX Corporation, Austin, Texas 78705, USA
Clin Ther 28:1022-34. 2006..These studies assessed the comparative efficacy of rofecoxib and valdecoxib in the treatment of acute postoperative dental pain...
- A double-blind randomized controlled trial of rofecoxib and multidose oxycodone/acetaminophen in dental impaction painPaul J Desjardins
Clinical Research and Clinical Site Operations, SCIREX Clinical Research Centers, Austin, TX 78705, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:1624-32. 2007
- Valdecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitor, is effective in treating primary dysmenorrheaStephen E Daniels
From the Scirex Corporation, Austin, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:350-8. 2002..Valdecoxib 20 mg and 40 mg demonstrate analgesic efficacy, based on onset, magnitude, and duration of analgesia that is similar to naproxen sodium, making it a potential choice for treating women with primary dysmenorrhea...
- The analgesic efficacy of valdecoxib vs. oxycodone/acetaminophen after oral surgeryStephen E Daniels
Clinical Site Operations, SCIREX Corp, Austin, Texas, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:611-21; quiz 625. 2002..The studies reported here suggest that the COX-2-specific inhibitor valdecoxib offers an efficacious and safe alternative to other analgesics used to treat pain after oral surgery...
- Evaluation of the dose range of etoricoxib in an acute pain setting using the postoperative dental pain modelStephen E Daniels
Premier Research Group, 3200 Red River Boulevard, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Clin J Pain 27:1-8. 2011..This study was conducted to evaluate the dose range of etoricoxib in acute pain using the postoperative dental pain model further...
- A randomised, five-parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial comparing the efficacy and tolerability of analgesic combinations including a novel single-tablet combination of ibuprofen/paracetamol for postoperative dental painStephen E Daniels
Premier Research, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Pain 152:632-42. 2011..A single-tablet combination of ibuprofen 200mg/paracetamol 500mg provides highly effective analgesia, comparable or superior to other combination analgesics indicated for strong pain...
- A phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of DepoFoam® bupivacaine (extended-release bupivacaine local analgesic) in bunionectomyMichael Golf
Premier Clinical Research Centers, Austin, TX, USA
Adv Ther 28:776-88. 2011..San Diego, CA, USA), an extended-release liposomal bupivacaine-based analgesic, was compared with placebo for the prevention of pain after bunionectomy in a randomized, multicenter, double-blind phase 3 clinical study...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of tapentadol immediate release in the postoperative settingStephen E Daniels
Premier Research Group, Austin, TX, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 102:139-48. 2012..Therefore, tapentadol immediate release may offer an improved analgesic option for the relief of postoperative pain after podiatric surgery...
- A randomized, double-blind, phase III study comparing multiple doses of tapentadol IR, oxycodone IR, and placebo for postoperative (bunionectomy) painStephen E Daniels
Premier Research, Austin, TX, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:765-76. 2009..This study evaluated tapentadol immediate release (IR) for pain relief following orthopedic bunionectomy surgery...
- An assessment of the efficacy and safety of diclofenac potassium liquid-filled capsules in patients with various levels of baseline pain intensityStephen E Daniels
Premier Research Group Ltd, Austin, TX 78666, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 28:953-61. 2012..Diclofenac potassium liquid-filled soft gelatin capsule (DPSGC; Zipsor*) is a novel formulation of diclofenac potassium used to treat mild to moderate acute pain...
- Efficacy and safety of oxycodone HCl/niacin tablets for the treatment of moderate-to-severe postoperative pain following bunionectomy surgeryStephen E Daniels
Premier Research Group, Austin, Texas 78705, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:593-603. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of two dose strengths of oxycodone hydrochloride (HCl)/niacin tablets * for the treatment of moderate-to-severe postoperative pain following bunionectomy surgery...
- A randomized, double-blind, celecoxib- and placebo-controlled study of the effectiveness of CS-706 in acute postoperative dental painJames B Moberly
Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development, Edison, New Jersey 08837, USA
Clin Ther 29:399-412. 2007..CS-706 is a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-selective inhibitor with an in vitro selectivity ratio (COX-1:COX-2) similar to that of celecoxib. It has exhibited analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antitumor properties in animal models...