- Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of methylphenidate in the treatment of adult ADHD patients with comorbid cocaine dependenceHoward Schubiner
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 10:286-94. 2002..Because of the relatively small sample size, the results are preliminary. However, we found that MTP improved subjective reports of ADHD symptoms and did not worsen cocaine use while participants were in treatment...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adolescent malesHoward Schubiner
Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital HS, Southfield, Michigan 48075, USA
Adolesc Med 14:663-76, vii-viii. 2003
- Substance abuse in patients with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder : therapeutic implicationsHoward Schubiner
Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan 48075, USA
CNS Drugs 19:643-55. 2005..Newer medical treatment options of long-acting stimulants and non-stimulants (e.g. atomoxetine) offer effective treatment with a lower risk of abuse potential...
- A controlled study of autonomic nervous system function in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder treated with stimulant medications: results of a pilot studyHoward Schubiner
Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, MI 48075, USA
J Atten Disord 10:205-11. 2006....
- Overview of epidemiology, clinical features, genetics, neurobiology, and prognosis of adolescent attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderHoward Schubiner
Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital, 1600 W Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 19:209-15, vii. 2008....
- Patterns of inattentive and hyperactive symptomatology in cocaine-addicted and non-cocaine-addicted smokers diagnosed with adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorderKaren K Saules
Eastern Michigan University, Department of Psychology, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
J Addict Dis 22:71-8. 2003..Our results may also point to improved approaches for treatment of substance abuse based on attention to patterns of ADHD symptomatology specific to different drugs...
- ADHD in children, adolescents, and adultsSreenivas Katragadda
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Prim Care 34:317-41; abstract viii. 2007..The primary care physician should be able to screen, diagnose, educate, and initiate medication management in patients with uncomplicated ADHD...
- Effects of oral cocaine on intravenous cocaine discrimination in humansChris Ellyn Johanson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, MI, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:219-27. 2007..Thus, although oral cocaine given acutely likely is not a viable treatment medication for cocaine dependence, the usefulness of the drug discrimination model in the evaluation of agonist treatment medications remains unclear...
- Adolescent attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and learning disorders. PrefaceArthur Robin
Child Psychiatry and Psychology Department, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 19:xiii-xv. 2008