Affiliation: Schering-Plough Research Institute
- Insights from a three-dimensional model into ligand binding to constitutive active receptorLi Xiao
Department of Structural Chemistry, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:951-6. 2002..The results from this study indicate that structural modeling will be a useful tool for understanding ligand binding to hCAR and for design of drugs free of hCAR-mediated enzyme induction...
- Three-dimensional models of wild-type and mutated forms of cytochrome P450 14alpha-sterol demethylases from Aspergillus fumigatus and Candida albicans provide insights into posaconazole bindingLi Xiao
Department of Structural Chemistry, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:568-74. 2004..The model also predicts that mutations that were previously shown to specifically impact POS susceptibility in A. fumigatus and C. albicans act by interfering with the binding of the long side chain...
- Improved activity and thermostability of Candida antarctica lipase B by DNA family shufflingWen Chen Suen
Biotransformations Group, Schering Plough Research Institute, Union, NJ 07083, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 17:133-40. 2004..antarctica ATCC 32657 by 11-fold and 6.4 degrees C, respectively, which closely approached the stability characteristics of the most thermostable parent derived from Hyphozyma sp. CBS 648.91...
- Evaluation of in vitro PXR-based assays and in silico modeling approaches for understanding the binding of a structurally diverse set of drugs to PXRLi Xiao
Merck Research Laboratories, K 15 2 2700, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 81:669-79. 2011..The results from this study provide a molecular basis for future efforts in reducing/abolishing the PXR-dependent CYP3A4 induction liability...
- Sphingolipid biosynthesis in pathogenic fungi: identification and characterization of the 3-ketosphinganine reductase activity of Candida albicans and Aspergillus fumigatusMichelle Fornarotto
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road 4700, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:52-63. 2006..Guided by this molecular model, we developed shorter, water-soluble derivatives of 3-ketosphinganine that are substrates for 3-ketosphinganine reductase...
- Discovery of a highly potent series of oxazole-based phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitorsRongze Kuang
Department of Chemical Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:5150-4. 2007..Structure-activity relationship studies revealed that the oxazole core, with 4-carboxamide and 5-aminomethyl groups, is a novel PDE4 inhibitory pharmacophore. Selectivity profiles and in vivo biological activity are also reported...
- Purification and characterization of truncated human AMPK alpha 2 beta 2 gamma 3 heterotrimer from baculovirus-infected insect cellsLata Ramanathan
Protein Science Department, Schering Plough Research Institute, 320 Bent St, Cambridge, MA 02141, USA
Protein Expr Purif 70:13-22. 2010..The gamma 1 and gamma 3 isoforms showed comparable nucleotide binding affinities and solution behavior properties...
- Crystal structure of the catalytic domain of human ADAM33Peter Orth
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Rd, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Mol Biol 335:129-37. 2004..The substrate-binding site contains unique features that allow the structure-based design of specific inhibitors of this enzyme...
- Co-induction of CYP3A12 and 3A26 in dog liver slices by xenobiotics: species difference between human and dog CYP3A inductionJun Chen
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Drug Metab Lett 3:61-6. 2009..This finding suggests that these two amino acids may play a role in the binding specificity of ligands...
- Improving tolerance of Candida antarctica lipase B towards irreversible thermal inactivation through directed evolutionNingyan Zhang
Biotransformations Group and Structure Chemistry, Schering Plough Research Institute, U 13 3000, 1011 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083, USA
Protein Eng 16:599-605. 2003..The catalytic efficiency of the mutants with p-nitrophenyl butyrate and 6,8-difluoro-4-methylumbelliferyl octanoate was also found to be superior to that of WT-CALB...
- The discovery of potent, selective, and orally active pyrazoloquinolines as PDE10A inhibitors for the treatment of SchizophreniaGinny D Ho
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:1019-22. 2012..Compound 27 inhibits MK-801 induced hyperactivity at 3mg/kg with an ED(50) of 4mg/kg and displays a ∼6-fold separation between the ED(50) for inhibition of MK-801 induced hyperactivity and hypolocomotion in rats...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the xylanase gene from a Bacillus subtilis strain B10 in Escherichia coliJunli Huang
College of Biological Engineering, Research Center of Applied Biotechnology, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
Bioresour Technol 97:802-8. 2006..The xylanase distribution in extracellular, intracellular and periplasmic fractions were about 22.4%, 28.0% and 49.6%, respectively. The xylanase had optimal activity at pH 6.0 and 50 degrees C...
- Therapeutic potential of RNA interference against cellular targets of HIV infectionJia Zhang
Gene Core, The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, CA, USA
Mol Biotechnol 37:225-36. 2007..Furthermore, the relative specific effects and simplicity of design makes siRNA/shRNA themselves to be favorable drug leads...
- Simultaneous determination of harpagoside and cinnamic acid in rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography: application to a pharmacokinetic studyPeifan Li
School of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Tianjin University, No 92, Weijin Road, 300072, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:2259-64. 2007..5 +/- 398.8 ng h mL(-1), and t(1/2) 4.9 +/- 1.3 and 2.5 +/- 0.9 h, respectively. These results indicated that the proposed method is simple, selective, and feasible for pharmacokinetic study of radix Scrophulariae extract in rats...
- Effectiveness of hsp90 inhibitors as anti-cancer drugsLi Xiao
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, 1530 Ryals Public Health Building, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mini Rev Med Chem 6:1137-43. 2006..In this mini-review, we present hypothetical mechanisms for Hsp90 inhibitors in treating cancers, preliminary studies in early clinical trials, and potential tumor-killing and tumor-promoting activities of Hsp90 inhibitors...
- [Experimental study of the effect of rhTNF-alpha on human sperm mitochondrial function and motility in vitro]Jiang Bian
Research Institute of Andrology, Medical College, Three Gorges University, Yichang, Hubei 443003, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 10:415-9. 2004..To study the effect of rhTNF-alpha on human sperm mitochondrial function and motility in vitro...
- BCL2 translocation defines a unique tumor subset within the germinal center B-cell-like diffuse large B-cell lymphomaJaveed Iqbal
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 983135 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-3135, USA
Am J Pathol 165:159-66. 2004..However, despite this higher proliferative activity, there was no significant difference in overall or failure-free survival between the t(14;18)-positive and -negative subsets within the GCB subgroup...