L S Schenkel
- Parent-child interactions in pediatric bipolar disorderLindsay S Schenkel
Pediatric Mood Disorders Program, Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:422-37. 2008..These findings have implications for the development of interventions that focus on the quality of parent-child relationships, in addition to symptom management, in the treatment of PBD...
- Theory of mind and social inference in children and adolescents with bipolar disorderL S Schenkel
Center for Cognitive Medicine and the Institute for Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Psychol Med 38:791-800. 2008..To date, there have been no investigations of ToM in pediatric bipolar disorder (PBD). The aim of the current study was to investigate this ability in PBD patients and healthy controls...
- Reduced top-down influences in contour detection in schizophreniaSteven M Silverstein
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 11:112-32. 2006....
- Neurocognitive function in unmedicated manic and medicated euthymic pediatric bipolar patientsMani N Pavuluri
Center for Cognitive Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 912 South Wood St M C 913, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:286-93. 2006....
- Early childhood temperament in pediatric bipolar disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderAmy E West
Pediatric Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:402-21. 2008..Difficult premorbid temperament characteristics may be a specific indicator of a bipolar diathesis, or might signal underlying dysfunction in affective processes that significantly increase risk for a mood disorder...
- Facial emotion processing in acutely ill and euthymic patients with pediatric bipolar disorderLindsay S Schenkel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1070-9. 2007..However, the extent to which these deficits represent state- and trait-related factors is unclear. We investigated facial affect processing in acutely ill and clinically stabilized children with PBD and matched healthy subjects...
- The micro-module learning tests: work-sample assessments of responsiveness to skills trainingSteven M Silverstein
Center for Cognitive Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
Schizophr Bull 31:73-83. 2005..The MMLT appears to be a reliable and valid measure for rapidly assessing responsiveness to skills training procedures...
- Histories of childhood maltreatment in schizophrenia: relationships with premorbid functioning, symptomatology, and cognitive deficitsLindsay S Schenkel
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Department of Psychology, 325 Burnett Hall, Lincoln, NE 60612, USA
Schizophr Res 76:273-86. 2005..A history of childhood maltreatment appears to be a significant determinant of premorbid functioning, illness-related symptom expression, and specific forms of cognitive dysfunction...
- Theory of mind and perceptual context-processing in schizophreniaPeter J Uhlhaas
Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, and Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 11:416-36. 2006..However, the cognitive mechanisms underlying ToM deficits in schizophrenia are largely unknown. The present study examined the hypothesis that impaired ToM in schizophrenia can be understood as a deficit in context processing...
- Poor premorbid social functioning and theory of mind deficit in schizophrenia: evidence of reduced context processing?Lindsay S Schenkel
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 325 Burnett Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588, USA
J Psychiatr Res 39:499-508. 2005..These impairments may be a factor in both poor social functioning during childhood and greater disorganized symptoms after illness onset...
- Effectiveness of a two-phase cognitive rehabilitation intervention for severely impaired schizophrenia patientsSteven M Silverstein
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Psychol Med 35:829-37. 2005..Several small-N, uncontrolled reports have demonstrated that the behavioral technique of attention shaping has significantly increased attention span among severely ill schizophrenia patients...
- Dimensions of premorbid functioning in schizophrenia: a review of neuromotor, cognitive, social, and behavioral domainsLindsay S Schenkel
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
Genet Soc Gen Psychol Monogr 130:241-70. 2004..Alternative approaches to studying early functioning in schizophrenia are highlighted...