Affiliation: SBM Consulting
- Sleep apnea: a proinflammatory disorder that coaggregates with obesityReena Mehra
Department of Medicine, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 6003, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1096-102. 2008....
- Interpreting wrist actigraphic indices of sleep in epidemiologic studies of the elderly: the Study of Osteoporotic FracturesReena Mehra
Department of Medicine and Center of Clinical Investigation, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 6003, USA
Sleep 31:1569-76. 2008..Although wrist actigraphy-derived sleep indices correlate with adverse health outcomes, it is unclear whether these indices identify specific sleep disorders...
- Awakening India to obstructive sleep apnoea syndromeReena Mehra
Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology Division, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Indian J Med Res 124:231-4. 2006
- Soluble interleukin 6 receptor: A novel marker of moderate to severe sleep-related breathing disorderReena Mehra
Department of Medicine, Case School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1725-31. 2006..The objectives were to explore the relationship between moderate to severe sleep apnea with IL-6 and sIL-6R levels and to examine morning and evening variability for each cytokine...
- The association between marijuana smoking and lung cancer: a systematic reviewReena Mehra
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6003, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1359-67. 2006..Our objective was to assess the impact of marijuana smoking on the development of premalignant lung changes and lung cancer...
- Association of nocturnal arrhythmias with sleep-disordered breathing: The Sleep Heart Health StudyReena Mehra
Department of Medicine and Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:910-6. 2006..Sleep-disordered breathing recurrent intermittent hypoxia and sympathetic nervous system activity surges provide the milieu for cardiac arrhythmia development...
- Incidence of serious adverse events during nocturnal polysomnographyReena Mehra
Center for Sleep Disorders Research, Louis Stokes DVA Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH, USA
Sleep 27:1379-83. 2004..The purpose of the study was to verify whether minimal concern is warranted in regard to serious adverse effects in the sleep laboratory...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and urinary albumin excretion in older menMuna T Canales
Department of Medicine, Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, FL, USA
Sleep Breath 15:137-44. 2011..Although older men are at increased risk for both kidney disease and SDB, it is unknown whether SDB is associated with higher urinary albumin excretion in this population...
- Sleep duration and biomarkers of inflammationSanjay R Patel
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, University Hospital Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Sleep 32:200-4. 2009..Extremes of sleep duration have been associated with adverse health outcomes. The mechanism is unclear but may be related to increased inflammation. We sought to assess the association between sleep duration and inflammatory biomarkers...
- Renal function and sleep-disordered breathing in older menMuna T Canales
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3908-14. 2008..Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) is common in severe chronic kidney disease (CKD) and may contribute to morbidity and mortality in this population. However, the association between mild to moderate CKD and likelihood of SDB is uncertain...
- Association between obstructive sleep apnea severity and endothelial dysfunction in an increased background of cardiovascular burdenFadi Seif
Department of Medicine, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Sleep Res 22:443-51. 2013..No relation was noted with total sleep time <90 and F-RHI. There was evidence of a graded decline in endothelial function in association with higher levels of intermittent hypoxaemia. ..
- Sleep-disordered breathing and prothrombotic biomarkers: cross-sectional results of the Cleveland Family StudyReena Mehra
Department of Medicine, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:826-33. 2010..Individuals with sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) are at increased cardiovascular risk, possibly due to SDB-related stresses contributing to atherosclerosis...
- Association of severe obstructive sleep apnea and elevated blood pressure despite antihypertensive medication useHarneet K Walia
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
J Clin Sleep Med 10:835-43. 2014..We hypothesized that untreated severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is associated with elevated ambulatory blood pressure (BP) in subjects with high cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk despite medical management...
- A measure of ventilatory variability at wake-sleep transition predicts sleep apnea severityLamia H Ibrahim
Department of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106 6003, USA
Chest 134:73-8. 2008..We assessed the association of a measure of ventilatory variability measured at the wake-sleep transition with OSA and associated covariates...
- Sleep apnea in acute coronary syndrome: high prevalence but low impact on 6-month outcomeReena Mehra
Louis Stokes Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
Sleep Med 7:521-8. 2006....
- Nocturnal Arrhythmias across a spectrum of obstructive and central sleep-disordered breathing in older men: outcomes of sleep disorders in older men (MrOS sleep) studyReena Mehra
Departmentof Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Investigatio, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6003, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1147-55. 2009..We studied the association between sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) with nocturnal atrial fibrillation or flutter (AF) and complex ventricular ectopy (CVE) in older men...
- Obstructive sleep apnea and diurnal nondipping hemodynamic indices in patients at increased cardiovascular riskFadi Seif
aDepartment of Medicine, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio bBrigham and Women s Hospital cBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center dVA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts eJohns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland fDepartment of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University gCleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Hypertens 32:267-75. 2014..We hypothesized increasing obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) severity would be associated with nondipping blood pressure (BP) in increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk...
- The scoring of respiratory events in sleep: reliability and validitySusan Redline
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, WA 44106 6033, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:169-200. 2007....
- Reduced renal function and sleep-disordered breathing in community-dwelling elderly menMuna T Canales
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Sleep Med 9:637-45. 2008..Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and death in chronic kidney disease (CKD). However, the association between mild reductions in renal function and SDB is uncertain...
- A controlled trial of CPAP therapy on metabolic control in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance and sleep apneaTanya G Weinstock
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sleep 35:617-625B. 2012..To address whether treatment of sleep apnea improves glucose tolerance...
- Effect of continuous positive airway pressure on an atrial arrhythmia in a patient with mild obstructive sleep apneaHarneet Walia
Department of Family Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 4410, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:397-8. 2011..This case demonstrates a dose-dependent reduction in atrial ectopy with increasing continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in the setting of mild sleep apnea...
- Periodic limb movements during sleep and cardiac arrhythmia in older men (MrOS sleep)Brian B Koo
Department of Neurology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
J Clin Sleep Med 10:7-11. 2014..To determine if periodic limb movements during sleep (PLMS) are associated with nocturnal cardiac arrhythmia...
- Left ventricular morphology and systolic function in sleep-disordered breathing: the Sleep Heart Health StudyHassan A Chami
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Circulation 117:2599-607. 2008..We assessed the relation of SDB to LV morphology and systolic function in a community-based sample of middle-aged and older adults...
- Variations in physician interpretation of overnight pulse oximetry monitoringRory Ramsey
Department of Medicine, Case School of Medicine, University Hospitals, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106 6003, USA
Chest 132:852-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to describe physician interpretation, use, and opinions regarding overnight pulse oximetry...
- A man with abnormal sleep behaviorGeorge P Fahed
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center Cleveland, OH 44106 6003, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:533-4. 2007
- Prevalence and correlates of sleep-disordered breathing in older men: osteoporotic fractures in men sleep studyReena Mehra
San Francisco Coordinating Center, University of California San Francisco at San Diego, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1356-64. 2007..To determine the prevalence and distribution of sleep-disordered breathing and associated correlates in a large cohort of older men using several standardized definitions...
- Fasting glycemia in sleep disordered breathing: lowering the threshold on oxyhemoglobin desaturationKatherine Stamatakis
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Sleep 31:1018-24. 2008..However, it is not known whether disordered breathing events with oxyhemoglobin desaturation less than 4% are associated with clinical sequelae such as abnormalities in fasting glycemia...
- A 52-year-old man with excessive daytime sleepinessBipin D Sarodia
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Foundaton, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:193, 199-202, 207-8. 2002
- Effects of marijuana smoking on pulmonary function and respiratory complications: a systematic reviewJeanette M Tetrault
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:221-8. 2007....