- Apnea in children hospitalized with bronchiolitisAlan R Schroeder
Department of Pediatrics, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 S Bascom Ave, San Jose, CA 95128
Pediatrics 132:e1194-201. 2013..To identify risk factors for inpatient apnea among children hospitalized with bronchiolitis...
- Cholesterol Screening and Management in Children and Young Adults Should Start Early-NO!Alan R Schroeder
Department of Pediatrics, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, California
Clin Cardiol 35:665-8. 2012..These recommendations will, however, fuel the epidemic of overtreatment that is currently threatening our healthcare system and our patients. The authors have no funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose...
- A continuous heparin infusion does not prevent catheter-related thrombosis in infants after cardiac surgeryAlan R Schroeder
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 11:489-95. 2010..Central venous and intracardiac catheters are used routinely in postoperative pediatric cardiac patients. Catheter-related thrombosis occurs in 8% to 45% of pediatric patients with central venous catheters...
- Impact of a more restrictive approach to urinary tract imaging after febrile urinary tract infectionAlan R Schroeder
Department of Pediatrics, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA 95128, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:1027-32. 2011....
- Prolonged infusion of dexmedetomidine for sedation following tracheal resectionGregory B Hammer
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford, CA 94305 5640, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 15:616-20. 2005..We report our use of dexmedetomidine in a child during a 4-day period of mechanical ventilation following tracheal reconstruction for subglottic stenosis...