Thomas G Plante
Affiliation: Santa Clara University
- Integrating spirituality and psychotherapy: ethical issues and principles to considerThomas G Plante
Department of Psychology, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA 95053 0333, USA
J Clin Psychol 63:891-902. 2007..Being thoughtful about ethical principles and possible dilemmas as well as getting appropriate training and ongoing consultation can greatly help the professional better navigate these challenging waters...
- Exercising with an iPod, friend, or neither: which is better for psychological benefits?Thomas G Plante
Department of Psychology, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA 94025 0333, USA
Am J Health Behav 35:199-208. 2011..To examine the role of music and social contact on exercise benefits...
- Cultivating mindfulness: effects on well-beingShauna L Shapiro
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA 95053, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:840-62. 2008..These results suggest that distinct meditation-based practices can increase mindfulness as measured by the MAAS, which may partly mediate benefits. Implications and future directions are discussed...
- The moderation of Mindfulness-based stress reduction effects by trait mindfulness: results from a randomized controlled trialShauna L Shapiro
Department of Counseling Psychology, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA 95053
J Clin Psychol 67:267-77. 2011....
- Meditation lowers stress and supports forgiveness among college students: a randomized controlled trialDoug Oman
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
J Am Coll Health 56:569-78. 2008..The authors evaluated the effects on stress, rumination, forgiveness, and hope of two 8-week, 90-min/wk training programs for college undergraduates in meditation-based stress-management tools...