G J Yoo
Affiliation: San Francisco State University
- Constructing deservingness: federal welfare reform, supplemental security income, and elderly immigrantsG J Yoo
San Francisco State University, Asian American Studies Department, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94116, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 13:17-34. 2001..quot; In advancing aging policy for poor, vulnerable elderly, such as elderly immigrants, advocates, health and social service providers can play an influential role in bringing their voices to the print media...
- Older women, breast cancer, and social supportGrace J Yoo
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA
Support Care Cancer 18:1521-30. 2010..This paper describes a qualitative study of the impact of a breast cancer diagnosis on older women from racially/ethnically diverse populations and their subsequent need for social support...
- Remembering sacrifices: attitude and beliefs among second-generation Korean Americans regarding family supportGrace J Yoo
Department of Asian American Studies, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway, EP 103, San Francisco, CA, 94132, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 25:165-81. 2010..The findings of this paper illustrate how the intersections of gender, culture, and class inform attitudes and beliefs regarding aging and family support among Korean American families...
- Emotion work: disclosing cancerGrace J Yoo
Cancer Disparities Research Group, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway, EP 103, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Support Care Cancer 18:205-15. 2010..This paper focuses on the emotion work involved in self-disclosing a breast cancer diagnosis in a racially or ethnically diverse population...
- Cervical cancer screening: attitudes and behaviors of young Asian American womenGrace J Yoo
Asian American Studies Department, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94132 4252, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:740-6. 2011..Interventions to increase Pap testing in these populations should focus on increasing levels of comfort and should target those younger and foreign born...
- The benefits of prayer on mood and well-being of breast cancer survivorsEllen G Levine
Public Research Institute, Biobehavioral Research Center, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave PP750, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Support Care Cancer 17:295-306. 2009..The goal of this study was to compare differences in use of prayer between breast cancer survivors from different ethnic groups and examine how use of prayer is related to mood and quality of life...
- Ethnicity and spirituality in breast cancer survivorsEllen G Levine
Biobehavioral Research Center, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave PP750, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
J Cancer Surviv 1:212-25. 2007..Many women are incorporating spirituality as a way of coping with cancer. However, few studies have examined the role of spirituality in mood and quality of life among breast cancer survivors from different ethnic groups...
- Primary tumor characteristics predict sentinel lymph node macrometastasis in breast cancerYah Yuen Tan
Department of Surgery, UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion, San Francisco, California, USA
Breast J 11:338-43. 2005..These patients can be identified preoperatively based on imaging and biopsy criteria, allowing the option of selective intraoperative pathologic evaluation of the sentinel node and immediate completion axillary dissection as necessary...
- Total skin-sparing mastectomy: complications and local recurrence rates in 2 cohorts of patientsElisabeth R Garwood
Department of Surgery, Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Ann Surg 249:26-32. 2009..We sought to define the impact of surgical and reconstructive variables on complication rates and assess how changes in technique affect outcomes...
- The effect of sentinel node tumor burden on non-sentinel node status and recurrence rates in breast cancerYang Guo Fan
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Mount Zion, San Francisco, 94143 1674, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:705-11. 2005..We also report our experience with disease relapse in the era of SSL and attempt to correlate this with SLN tumor burden...
- Ratio of positive to total number of sentinel nodes predicts nonsentinel node status in breast cancer patientsYah Yuen Tan
Department of Surgery, UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion and UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94143 1674, USA
Breast J 11:248-53. 2005....
- Impact of chemotherapy on postoperative complications after mastectomy and immediate breast reconstructionAnne Warren Peled
Division of Breast Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Arch Surg 145:880-5. 2010..To determine the impact of chemotherapy and the timing of chemotherapy on postoperative outcomes after mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction...
- Safety of immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous breast reconstruction for patients with locally advanced diseaseRobert D Foster
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0932, USA
Arch Surg 140:196-8; discussion 199-200. 2005..Immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous breast reconstruction combined with postoperative radiation therapy after mastectomy is safe and effective...