Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Hearing loss in perinatally HIV-infected and HIV-exposed but uninfected children and adolescentsPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 1518, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:835-41. 2012....
- Age-related changes in acoustic characteristics of adult speechPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 1518, United States
J Commun Disord 42:324-33. 2009....
- Young adults' use and output level settings of personal music systemsPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Audiology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182 1518, USA
Ear Hear 29:791-9. 2008..A second purpose of this study was to measure the dB SPL in the ear canal of young adults while they blindly set the volume of a personal music system to four settings...
- Noise levels during aerobics and the potential effects on distortion product otoacoustic emissionsPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Audiology, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
J Commun Disord 41:501-11. 2008..4-90.7dBA). Mean post-aerobic DPOAE levels were lower at most frequencies with a statistically significant 1.4dB decrease at 6000Hz. Results of this project, even with limited statistical significance, should be viewed cautiously...
- Risk factors for distortion product otoacoustic emissions in young men with normal hearingPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, San Diego State University, CA 92182 1518, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 18:749-59. 2007..Obtaining risk factor data as part of an audiometric evaluation is important even though the individual may have normal hearing...
- The accuracy of self-reported hearing loss in older Latino-American adultsPeter Torre
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Audiology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 1518, USA
Int J Audiol 45:559-62. 2006..This question can be easily implemented by physicians or other health-care employees to quickly screen for hearing loss...
- The association between cardiovascular disease and cochlear function in older adultsPeter Torre
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 48:473-81. 2005..98, 95% CI = 0.61-1.58). Additionally, no other CVD variables were associated with cochlear impairment. This study provides data on a possible sex-specific association between CVD and DPOAEs in older adults...
- Assessment of auditory function in rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta): effects of age and calorie restrictionPeter Torre
Department of Population Health Services, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:945-54. 2004..All DPOAE measures and peak II amplitude significantly decreased with age, while peak IV latency and ABR threshold significantly increased with age. We found no significant effects of CR on any auditory parameters examined...
- Effects of caloric restriction and aging on the auditory function of rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta): The University of Wisconsin StudyCynthia G Fowler
Department of Communicative Disorders, University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin Regional Primate Center, 1975 Willow Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Hear Res 169:24-35. 2002..Additional trends were identified for longitudinal monitoring as monkeys enter old age...
- Language impairment in children perinatally infected with HIV compared to children who were HIV-exposed and uninfectedMabel L Rice
Department of Speech, Language, Hearing, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 33:112-23. 2012..To investigate the risk for language impairment (LI) in children perinatally infected or exposed to HIV...
- Influence of ultrahigh-frequency hearing thresholds on distortion-product otoacoustic emission levels at conventional frequenciesLaura Elizabeth Dreisbach
San Diego State University, School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182 1518, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:325-36. 2008....
- Distortion product otoacoustic emission response characteristics in older adultsPeter Torre
Department of Population Health Sciences, The University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, 53726, USA
Ear Hear 24:20-9. 2003..Another purpose was to evaluate how specific absolute DPOAE levels or DPOAE/Noise ratios differentiated hearing status in these individuals...