Sandra K Schwarcz
Affiliation: San Francisco General Hospital
- A randomized control trial of personalized cognitive counseling to reduce sexual risk among HIV-infected men who have sex with menSandra K Schwarcz
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Care 25:1-10. 2013....
- Do people who develop AIDS within 12 months of HIV diagnosis delay HIV testing?Sandra K Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Ave, Ste 500, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Public Health Rep 126:552-9. 2011..However, studies evaluating this definition have not been conducted. We measured the degree of misclassification of delayed testing based on this surveillance definition of late testing...
- Characterization of sexually transmitted disease clinic patients with recent human immunodeficiency virus infectionSandra K Schwarcz
AIDS Office, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1019-22. 2002..20-7.45) or gonorrhea (OR, 3.03 95% CI, 1.07-8.63) predicted the predominance of a recent seroconversion. HIV infections in San Francisco may be shifting from white men who have sex with men to men of color who have sex with men...
- Identifying barriers to HIV testing: personal and contextual factors associated with late HIV testingSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA, USA
AIDS Care 23:892-900. 2011....
- Impact of housing on the survival of persons with AIDSSandra K Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 9:220. 2009..We examined the effect of homelessness on the mortality of persons with AIDS and measured the effect of supportive housing on AIDS survival...
- Late diagnosis of HIV infection: trends, prevalence, and characteristics of persons whose HIV diagnosis occurred within 12 months of developing AIDSSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:491-4. 2006..Persons diagnosed late in the course of HIV infection may be unknowingly transmitting infection and once diagnosed may have worse outcomes and greater medical expenses...
- Characteristics of persons with recently acquired HIV infection: application of the serologic testing algorithm for recent HIV seroconversion in 10 US citiesSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:112-5. 2007..Information about the characteristics of persons whose HIV diagnosis was made soon after infection contributes to a better understanding of the HIV epidemic and to appropriate targeting of care and prevention efforts...
- Prevalence of HIV infection and predictors of high-transmission sexual risk behaviors among men who have sex with menSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, Calif 94102, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1067-75. 2007..We sought to determine the prevalence of HIV and novel cofactors of high-transmission-risk behavior in a probability sample of men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Assessing representativeness of sampling methods for reaching men who have sex with men: a direct comparison of results obtained from convenience and probability samplesSandra Schwarcz
HIV AIDS Statistics, Epidemiology and Intervention Research Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
AIDS Behav 11:596-602. 2007..HIV testing was common among men in both samples. Periodic validation, through comparison of data collected by different sampling methods, may be useful when relying on survey data for program and policy development...
- Impact of highly active antiretroviral treatment on HIV seroincidence among men who have sex with men: San FranciscoMitchell H Katz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 101 Grove Street, Room 308, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Am J Public Health 92:388-94. 2002..This study assessed the countervailing effects on HIV incidence of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) among San Francisco men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Viagra, methamphetamine, and HIV risk: results from a probability sample of MSM, San FranciscoHilary H Spindler
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:586-91. 2007..To determine the prevalence and factors of Viagra use in combination with crystal methamphetamine and its association with HIV risk behavior in a probability sample of men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Thoughts, attitudes, and feelings of HIV-positive MSM associated with high transmission-risk sexMatthew D Skinta
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:315-23. 2012..The findings highlight unique aspects of how HIV-positive men approach decision making regarding the use of condoms, as well as how they perceive issues of responsibility for initiating safer sex practices...
- Trends in causes of death among persons with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy, San Francisco, 1994-1998Janice K Louie
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1023-7. 2002..With increasing AIDS survival, prevention of chronic diseases, assessment of long-term toxicity from HAART, and surveillance for additional causes of mortality will become increasingly important...
- HIV prevention fatigue among high-risk populations in San FranciscoJamila K Stockman
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:432-4. 2004
- Continuing increases in sexual risk behavior and sexually transmitted diseases among men who have sex with men: San Francisco, Calif, 1999-2001, USASanny Y Chen
Am J Public Health 92:1387-8. 2002