Affiliation: San Francisco General Hospital
- Sexual and drug use behavior among women who have sex with both women and men: results of a population-based surveySusan Scheer
AIDS Office, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1110-2. 2002
- Viagra, methamphetamine, and HIV risk: results from a probability sample of MSM, San FranciscoHilary H Spindler
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:586-91. 2007..To determine the prevalence and factors of Viagra use in combination with crystal methamphetamine and its association with HIV risk behavior in a probability sample of men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Estimated HIV Incidence in California, 2006-2009Susan Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, HIV Epidemiology Section, San Francisco, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55002. 2013..Using the methodology the CDC used to estimate national HIV incidence, we estimated HIV incidence in Los Angeles County (LAC), San Francisco (SF), and California's remaining counties...
- HIV is hyperendemic among men who have sex with men in San Francisco: 10-year trends in HIV incidence, HIV prevalence, sexually transmitted infections and sexual risk behaviourS Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94102 6033, USA
Sex Transm Infect 84:493-8. 2008..To evaluate trends in the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men (MSM) in San Francisco and the implications for HIV prevention...
- Estimation of HIV incidence in San FranciscoSusan Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, HIV Epidemiology Section, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 23:533-4. 2009..Results were similar. Further corroboration of the new method in local areas would strengthen interpretation and identify HIV risk variations...
- Prevalence of HIV infection and predictors of high-transmission sexual risk behaviors among men who have sex with menSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, Calif 94102, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1067-75. 2007..We sought to determine the prevalence of HIV and novel cofactors of high-transmission-risk behavior in a probability sample of men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- A randomized control trial of personalized cognitive counseling to reduce sexual risk among HIV-infected men who have sex with menSandra K Schwarcz
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Care 25:1-10. 2013....
- Assessing representativeness of sampling methods for reaching men who have sex with men: a direct comparison of results obtained from convenience and probability samplesSandra Schwarcz
HIV AIDS Statistics, Epidemiology and Intervention Research Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
AIDS Behav 11:596-602. 2007..HIV testing was common among men in both samples. Periodic validation, through comparison of data collected by different sampling methods, may be useful when relying on survey data for program and policy development...
- Assessing receipt of medical care and disparity among persons with HIV/AIDS in San Francisco, 2006-2007Ling C Hsu
San Francisco Department of Public Health, USA
AIDS Care 23:383-92. 2011..However, delays for some individuals in entry into care and markers of insufficient care suggest that there remains a need to improve access to and sustainability of HIV-specific medical care...
- Using surveillance data to monitor entry into care of newly diagnosed HIV-infected persons: San Francisco, 2006-2007Nicola M Zetola
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
BMC Public Health 9:17. 2009..Here, we report the usefulness of routine monitoring of CD4 T cell counts and plasma HIV viral load as measures of entry into care after HIV diagnosis...
- The effect of HAART and calendar period on Kaposi's sarcoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: results of a match between an AIDS and cancer registrySharon Pipkin
San Francisco Department of Public Health, AIDS Office, USA
AIDS 25:463-71. 2011..To assess the impact of HAART use on AIDS-defining Kaposi's sarcoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) among adults with AIDS...
- Decreases in community viral load are accompanied by reductions in new HIV infections in San FranciscoMoupali Das
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11068. 2010....
- Efficacy of personalized cognitive counseling in men of color who have sex with men: secondary data analysis from a controlled intervention trialJames W Dilley
Department of Psychiatry and the AIDS Health Project, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 15:970-5. 2011..2 at baseline, 3.9 at six months and 2.1 at 12 months. There was a significant treatment effect overall (relative risk 0.59, 95% confidence interval 0.35-0.998). These results suggest that the intervention is effective in MOC...
- The impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on non-AIDS-defining cancers among adults with AIDSNancy A Hessol
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:1143-53. 2007..4). The impact of HAART on non-AIDS-defining cancer incidence rates and survival is not uniform, and the mechanism(s) responsible for these differences should be investigated further...
- Does name-based HIV reporting deter high-risk persons from HIV testing? Results from San FranciscoSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:93-6. 2004..Previous studies of a deterrent effect of HIV reporting were not conducted in areas with high HIV infection rates and politically active populations...
- Using HIV Testing History to Measure the Success of HIV Partner ServicesMiao Jung Chen
From the HIV Epidemiology Section and STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA
Sex Transm Dis 40:419-21. 2013..These data demonstrate that HIV partner services were successful in reaching persons who may not have initiated testing without this service...
- Disparities in Engagement in Care and Viral Suppression Among Persons With HIVDharushana Muthulingam
University of California, San Francisco, CA and San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 63:112-9. 2013..Engagement across the spectrum of HIV care can improve health outcomes and prevent HIV transmission. We used HIV surveillance data to examine these outcomes...
- Regional Differences Among HIV Patients in Care: California Medical Monitoring Project Sites, 2007-2008Susan Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA, USA
Open AIDS J 6:188-95. 2012..We compared California MMP data by region. Demographic characteristics, medical care experiences, HIV treatment, clinical care outcomes, and need for support services are described...
- Determinants of enrollment in a preventive HIV vaccine trial: hypothetical versus actual willingness and barriers to participationSusan P Buchbinder
AIDS Office, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102 6033, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:604-12. 2004..To compare hypothetical and actual willingness to enroll in a preventive HIV vaccine trial and identify factors affecting enrollment...
- HIV testing behaviors and knowledge of HIV reporting regulations among male-to-female transgendersSandra Schwarcz
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1326-7. 2004
- The decline of incident cases of HIV-associated neurological disorders in San Francisco, 1991-2003James W Dilley
AIDS 19:634-5. 2005
- The Effects of HAART on Cancer Incidence in AIDS CasesSusan Scheer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the respective strengths of the AIDS and cancer registries, we are uniquely situated to perform these investigations. ..