Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale for Youth (NEWS-Y): reliability and relationship with physical activityDori Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and University of California, 3900 5th Avenue, Suite 310, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Prev Med 49:213-8. 2009..To examine the psychometric properties of the Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale-Youth (NEWS-Y) and explore its associations with context-specific and overall physical activity (PA) among youth...
- Community food environment, home food environment, and fruit and vegetable intake of children and adolescentsDing Ding
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 44:634-8. 2012..To determine (1) reliability of new food environment measures; (2) association between home food environment and fruit and vegetable (FV) intake; and (3) association between community and home food environment...
- Is fear of strangers related to physical activity among youth?Ding Ding
Joint Doctoral Program in Public Health, Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, 3900 5th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Am J Health Promot 26:189-95. 2012....
- Outcomes of a 12-month web-based intervention for overweight and obese menKevin Patrick
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, La Jolla, San Diego, USA
Ann Behav Med 42:391-401. 2011..This study assessed the effect of a 1-year internet-based weight loss intervention for men...
- Active commuting to school: Associations with environment and parental concernsJacqueline Kerr
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:787-94. 2006....
- Physical activity during youth sports practicesDesiree Leek
School of Medicine, San Diego State University University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:294-9. 2011..To document physical activity (PA) during organized youth soccer and baseball/softball practices...
- Feasibility and outcomes of a multilevel place-based walking intervention for seniors: a pilot studyDori Rosenberg
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, 3900 Fifth Avenue, Suite 310, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Health Place 15:173-9. 2009..Steps per day were very low at baseline and increased significantly at post-test. The findings indicate that a multilevel site-specific intervention is feasible and acceptable for increasing steps among seniors living in a CCRC...
- Exergames for subsyndromal depression in older adults: a pilot study of a novel interventionDori Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology University of California San Diego UCSD San Diego State University SDSU, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:221-6. 2010..The authors assessed the feasibility, acceptability, and short-term efficacy and safety of a novel intervention using exergames (entertaining video games that combine game play with exercise) for SSD in older adults...