Dori E Rosenberg
Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Active transportation to school over 2 years in relation to weight status and physical activityDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and University of California, San Deigo, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1771-6. 2006..To prospectively examine potential benefits of active commuting to school on measures of weight status and physical activity in a sample of youth...
- Exergames for subsyndromal depression in older adults: a pilot study of a novel interventionDori Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology University of California San Diego UCSD San Diego State University SDSU, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:221-6. 2010..The authors assessed the feasibility, acceptability, and short-term efficacy and safety of a novel intervention using exergames (entertaining video games that combine game play with exercise) for SSD in older adults...
- Covariation of adolescent physical activity and dietary behaviors over 12 monthsDori E Rosenberg
San Diego State University and University of California San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:472-8. 2007..Evidence of covariation among behaviors would suggest multi-behavior interventions could have synergistic effects...
- Feasibility and outcomes of a multilevel place-based walking intervention for seniors: a pilot studyDori Rosenberg
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, 3900 Fifth Avenue, Suite 310, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Health Place 15:173-9. 2009..Steps per day were very low at baseline and increased significantly at post-test. The findings indicate that a multilevel site-specific intervention is feasible and acceptable for increasing steps among seniors living in a CCRC...
- Reliability and validity of the Sedentary Behavior Questionnaire (SBQ) for adultsDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and the University of California San Diego, CA, USA
J Phys Act Health 7:697-705. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the reliability and validity of the Sedentary Behavior Questionnaire (SBQ) among overweight adults...
- Adolescent screen time and rules to limit screen time in the homeErnesto R Ramirez
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0811, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:379-85. 2011..To investigate associations between adolescent screen time behaviors, screen time rules, and presence of electronic media in the bedrooms of adolescents...
- A review of eHealth interventions for physical activity and dietary behavior changeGregory J Norman
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:336-345. 2007..To review eHealth intervention studies for adults and children that targeted behavior change for physical activity, healthy eating, or both behaviors...
- Neighborhood environment and physical activity among youth a reviewDing Ding
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 41:442-55. 2011..An updated review of literature is needed to summarize the current evidence base, and to inform policies and environmental interventions to promote active lifestyles among young people...
- Brief scales to assess physical activity and sedentary equipment in the homeDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:10. 2010..abstract:..
- Assessment of sedentary behavior with the International Physical Activity QuestionnaireDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
J Phys Act Health 5:S30-44. 2008..This study explored definitions of sedentary behavior and examined the relationship between sitting time and physical inactivity using the sitting items from the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ)...
- Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale for Youth (NEWS-Y): reliability and relationship with physical activityDori Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and University of California, 3900 5th Avenue, Suite 310, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Prev Med 49:213-8. 2009..To examine the psychometric properties of the Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale-Youth (NEWS-Y) and explore its associations with context-specific and overall physical activity (PA) among youth...
- Active commuting to school: Associations with environment and parental concernsJacqueline Kerr
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:787-94. 2006....
- A Multilevel Walking Intervention for Sedentary Assisted-Living SeniorsDori Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will evaluate an innovative and sustainable intervention that is designed to enable seniors to overcome barriers to PA in their own neighborhood; if successful it may be generalizable to other ALFs. ..