Susan S Philip
Affiliation: San Francisco General Hospital
- Using surveillance data to monitor entry into care of newly diagnosed HIV-infected persons: San Francisco, 2006-2007Nicola M Zetola
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
BMC Public Health 9:17. 2009..Here, we report the usefulness of routine monitoring of CD4 T cell counts and plasma HIV viral load as measures of entry into care after HIV diagnosis...
- Evaluation of a new point-of-care serologic assay for herpes simplex virus type 2 infectionSusan S Philip
Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention and Control Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:e79-82. 2008..1, the rapid test was found to have a sensitivity of 97%, a specificity of 98%, a positive predictive value of 92%, and a negative predictive value of 99%. Increasing the cutoff index value to 3.5 increased the test sensitivity to 100%...
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae transmission from the oropharynx to the urethra among men who have sex with menKyle T Bernstein
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1793-7. 2009..We examined urethral C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae positivity among men who have sex with men (MSM) seen at San Francisco City Clinic (San Francisco, CA) during 2007...
- Rectal gonorrhea and chlamydia reinfection is associated with increased risk of HIV seroconversionKyle T Bernstein
Epidemiology, Research and Surveillance, STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:537-43. 2010..HIV infection continues to disproportionately affect men who have sex with men (MSM). Identification of modifiable risk factors for HIV infection among MSM is critical for effective prevention...
- The effectiveness of patient-delivered partner therapy and chlamydial and gonococcal reinfection in San FranciscoSally C Stephens
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:525-9. 2010..Patient-delivered partner therapy (PDPT) has been evaluated in randomized trials. No analysis has examined the impact of PDPT once implemented programmatically...
- Male to female and female to male transgender persons have different sexual risk behaviors yet similar rates of STDs and HIVSally C Stephens
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94103, USA
AIDS Behav 15:683-6. 2011..Despite demographic and behavioral risk differences, there were no differences in STD positivity or HIV prevalence between MTF and FTM. A more complete understanding of the prevention needs for transgender persons is needed...
- Reduction in unnecessary Chlamydia screening among older women at title X-funded family planning sites following a structural intervention--San Francisco, 2009Kyle T Bernstein
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:127-9. 2011..A structural intervention designed to reduce unnecessary chlamydia screening among older women resulted in a 24.4% reduction in test volume and an associated cost savings of nearly $40,000...
- Using the Neisseria gonorrhoeae multiantigen sequence-typing method to assess strain diversity and antibiotic resistance in San Francisco, CaliforniaSean Buono
San Francisco Department of Public Health Laboratory, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
Microb Drug Resist 18:510-7. 2012..A better understanding of the relationships between phenotypic and genotypic markers for antimicrobial resistance may be helpful to the development of effective surveillance systems for drug-resistant N. gonorrhoeae...