Rita M Melendez
Affiliation: San Francisco State University
- Health and health care among male-to-female transgender persons who are HIV positiveRita M Melendez
San Francisco State University, Human Sexuality Studies and Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, 2017 Mission St, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1034-7. 2006..Male-to-female transgender persons were less likely than the control group to take highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- 'It's really a hard life': love, gender and HIV risk among male-to-female transgender personsRita M Melendez
San Francisco State University Human Sexuality Studies, Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Cult Health Sex 9:233-45. 2007..A model illustrating how HIV risk is generated from stigma and discrimination is presented...
- HIV prevention and primary care for transgender women in a community-based clinicRita M Melendez
Sexuality Studies Department, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 20:387-97. 2009..Community-based health care settings can be ideal locales for HIV prevention and primary care for TW...
- The female condom: attitudes and experiences among HIV-positive heterosexual women and menA Elizabeth Hirky
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Women Health 37:71-89. 2003....
- Intimate partner violence and HIV/STD risk among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individualsAdam Jackson Heintz
New York University Law School, USA
J Interpers Violence 21:193-208. 2006..Training counselors on issues of sexuality and safer sex will benefit victims of IPV...
- Intimate partner violence and safer sex negotiation: effects of a gender-specific interventionRita M Melendez
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York and Columbia University, New York, New York 10032 2695, USA
Arch Sex Behav 32:499-511. 2003..A gender-specific intervention that focuses on negotiation skills in the context of potentially abusive partners benefits, and does not appear to harm, recently abused women...