Suzanna M Martinez
Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Active transportation and acculturation among Latino children in San Diego CountySuzanna M Martinez
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Prev Med 47:313-8. 2008..To examine multiple measures of acculturation and their association with walking to school in a large population-based sample in San Diego, California...
- A review of physical activity measures used among US Latinos: guidelines for developing culturally appropriate measuresSuzanna M Martinez
San Diego Prevention Research Center, San Diego State University and University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Ann Behav Med 36:195-207. 2008....
- Individual, social, and environmental barriers to and facilitators of physical activity among Latinas living in San Diego County: focus group resultsSuzanna M Martinez
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, Calif, USA
Fam Community Health 32:22-33. 2009..The authors concluded that a church-based multilevel intervention targeting Latinas may be ideal for promoting PA and facilitating environmental changes...
- Walking for transportation among Latino adults in San Diego County: who meets physical activity guidelines?Suzanna M Martinez
Dept of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:898-906. 2011..U.S. Latinos engage in nonleisure-time walking (NLTW) more than other ethno-racial groups. Studies are needed to explore factors associated with NLTW to inform interventions for effective physical activity promotion...
- Associated pathways between neighborhood environment, community resource factors, and leisure-time physical activity among Mexican-American adults in San Diego, CaliforniaSuzanna M Martinez
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Health Promot 26:281-8. 2012..To examine pathways between individual, social, and environmental factors associated with leisure-time physical activity (LTPA) among Mexican-American adults...