Affiliation: San Jose State University
- Promoting self-directed learning for continuing medical educationEdward Mamary
Department of Health Science, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA 95192 0052, USA
Med Teach 25:188-90. 2003..It is concluded that computer training, dedicated time in the workplace for self-directed methods, and the development of more interactive CD-ROM and Internet programs will encourage the use of self-directed CME...
- Our lives: an examination of sexual health issues using photovoice by non-gay identified African American men who have sex with menEdward Mamary
Department of Health Science, San Jose State University, California 95192 0052, USA
Cult Health Sex 9:359-70. 2007....
- Assessing the professional development needs of public health educators in light of changing competenciesAnne Roesler Demers
San Jose State University, Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192 0052, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A129. 2008..This study compared the self-identified training needs of public health educators with the updated competencies and assessed employer support for continuing education...
- Creating opportunities for training California's public health workforceAnne L Demers
Health Science Department, San Jose State University, CA, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 31:64-9. 2011..Schools and programs accredited by the Council for Education on Public Health (CEPH) are required to provide continuing education but are constrained by the lack of resources, limited time, and geography...
- Patient-led partner notification for syphilis: Strategies used by women accessing antenatal care in urban BoliviaShannon A Klisch
Department of Health Science, San Jose State University, One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192, USA
Soc Sci Med 65:1124-35. 2007..More studies are needed which examine successful patient-led strategies for partner notification and their connections with long-term health outcomes...
- Responsibility for HIV prevention: patterns of attribution among HIV-seropositive gay and bisexual menClaudine Offer
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, California 94105, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:24-35. 2007..Greater understanding of ideas related to responsibility has the potential to increase the effectiveness of HIV prevention interventions...
- Older African Americans' perceptions of pharmacistsSharon L Youmans
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0622, USA
Ethn Dis 17:284-90. 2007..To describe older African Americans' communication with pharmacists and their opinions, beliefs, perceptions, and attitudes about the role of the community pharmacist...