Albert Y Liu
Affiliation: San Francisco General Hospital
- Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV: unproven promise and potential pitfallsAlbert Y Liu
HIV Research Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, Calif 94102, USA
JAMA 296:863-5. 2006
- Bone mineral density in HIV-negative men participating in a tenofovir pre-exposure prophylaxis randomized clinical trial in San FranciscoAlbert Y Liu
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23688. 2011..We determined the baseline prevalence of low bone mineral density (BMD) and the effect of TDF on BMD in men who have sex with men (MSM) in a PrEP trial in San Francisco...
- Preexposure chemoprophylaxis for HIV prevention in men who have sex with menRobert M Grant
J David Gladstone Institutes, University of California at San Francisco, 1650 Owens St, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
N Engl J Med 363:2587-99. 2010..Antiretroviral chemoprophylaxis before exposure is a promising approach for the prevention of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) acquisition...
- Limited knowledge and use of HIV post- and pre-exposure prophylaxis among gay and bisexual menAlbert Y Liu
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:241-7. 2008..Media reports have suggested substantial levels of community PrEP use despite its unproven effectiveness...
- CROI 2013: New tools to understand transmission dynamics and prevent HIV infectionsSusan P Buchbinder
Bridge HIV, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA, USA
Top Antivir Med 21:47-61. 2013..Fortunately, new strategies are being developed that could substantially reduce new infections globally, such as methods to increase adherence and the use of long-acting antiretroviral agents...