Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Validity of assessments of youth access to tobacco: the familiarity effectHope Landrine
San Diego State University University of California, San Diego SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University 92120, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1883-6. 2003..We examined the standard compliance protocol and its validity as a measure of youth access to tobacco...
- Conceptualizing and measuring ethnic discrimination in health researchHope Landrine
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Health Institute, San Diego State University, 6363 Alvarado Court, San Diego, California 92120, USA
J Behav Med 29:79-94. 2006..3 times more likely than their low-discrimination counterparts to be smokers. This 5th grade reading-level scale takes 10 min to complete and has sufficient, initial psychometric integrity for use in clinical and community health studies...
- Cigarette advertising in Black, Latino, and White magazines, 1998-2002: an exploratory investigationHope Landrine
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, 6363 Alvarado Court, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Ethn Dis 15:63-7. 2005..To examine the number, type (menthol vs non-menthol), brand (Black, White, Women's, Other), and size of cigarette ads in Black, Latino, and White magazines...
- Culture change and ethnic-minority health behavior: an operant theory of acculturationHope Landrine
San Diego State University University of California San Diego, Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, USA
J Behav Med 27:527-55. 2004..By so doing, the operant model of acculturation has the potential to improve health promotion and disease prevention and thereby reduce ethnic health disparities...
- Cigarette advertising in magazines for Latinas, White women, and men, 1998--2002: a preliminary investigationSenaida Fernandez
Behavioral Health Institute and the Department of Psychology at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Community Health 30:141-51. 2005..Results are discussed in terms of the need for further research on tobacco ads directed at women...
- Preliminary investigation of the advertising and availability of PREPs, the new "safe" tobacco productsNorval Hickman
ISDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92120, USA
J Behav Med 27:413-24. 2004..These preliminary findings tentatively suggest that the industry might not yet be heavily invested in products that have the potential to increase tobacco use by decreasing its perceived harm. Studies with larger samples are recommended...
- Acculturation and ethnic-minority health behavior: a test of the operant modelIrma Corral
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University
Health Psychol 27:737-45. 2008..The purpose of this study was to test this model for the first time...
- Predicting youth access to tobacco: the role of youth versus store-clerk behavior and issues of ecological validityElizabeth A Klonoff
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Health Psychol 23:517-24. 2004..Sales nonetheless were higher under youth-manipulative conditions and thereby highlight the low ecological validity of access research...
- Availability of tobacco to youth via the InternetJennifer A Jensen
JAMA 291:1837. 2004
- Sexual abuse and smoking among college student womenColmar De Von Figueroa-Moseley
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Addict Behav 29:245-51. 2004..Hence, sexual abuse is worthy of further investigation as well as of inclusion in new gender-tailored smoking prevention and cessation programs...