Emily A Impett
Affiliation: San Francisco State University
- Giving up and giving in: the costs and benefits of daily sacrifice in intimate relationshipsEmily A Impett
Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 89:327-44. 2005..Perceptions of a partner's motives for sacrifice were also associated with well-being and relationship quality. Implications for the conceptualization of relationship maintenance processes along these 2 dimensions are discussed...
- To be seen and not heard: femininity ideology and adolescent girls' sexual healthEmily A Impett
Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Arch Sex Behav 35:131-44. 2006..The importance of a feminist developmental framework for identifying and understanding salient dimensions of sexual health for female adolescents is discussed...
- Sexual compliance: gender, motivational, and relationship perspectivesEmily A Impett
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Graduate Mail Room, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Sex Res 40:87-100. 2003..A relationship maintenance perspective views sexual compliance as illustrative of broader patterns of sacrifice in committed relationships. Each perspective suggests important new directions for empirical research...
- What do you do when things go right? The intrapersonal and interpersonal benefits of sharing positive eventsShelly L Gable
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 87:228-45. 2004..The results are discussed in terms of the theoretical and empirical importance of understanding how people "cope" with positive events, cultivate positive emotions, and enhance social bonds...
- Girls' relationship authenticity and self-esteem across adolescenceEmily A Impett
Institute of Personality and Social Research, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Dev Psychol 44:722-33. 2008..The importance of a feminist developmental framework for identifying and understanding salient dimensions of female adolescence is discussed...