R M Diaz
Affiliation: San Francisco State University
- The impact of homophobia, poverty, and racism on the mental health of gay and bisexual Latino men: findings from 3 US citiesR M Diaz
Institute on Sexuality, Inequality and Health, San Francisco State University, 3004 16th St, Suite 301, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Am J Public Health 91:927-32. 2001....
- Sexual risk as an outcome of social oppression: data from a probability sample of Latino gay men in three U.S. citiesRafael M Diaz
César E Chávez Institute, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 10:255-67. 2004..Participation in difficult sexual situations mediates the effects of social oppression and psychological distress on sexual risk behavior...
- Reasons for stimulant use among Latino gay men in San Francisco: a comparison between methamphetamine and cocaine usersRafael M Diaz
César E Chávez Institute, San Francisco State University, 3004 16th Street Suite 301, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
J Urban Health 82:i71-8. 2005..Like non-Latino Whites, Latino gay men were found to rely on MA for reasons related to sexual enhancement, possibly to meet cultural expectations and norms of sexual prowess and sexual success in the gay community...
- Family acceptance in adolescence and the health of LGBT young adultsCaitlin Ryan
Marian Wright Edelman Institute, San Francisco State University, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 23:205-13. 2010..the role of family acceptance as a protective factor for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) adolescents and young adults has not been established...
- DRUG USE AND RISKY SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN LATINO GAY MENRafael Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2002..In so doing, we will examine the contributions of cultured to the association between drug use and high risk sexual behavior, a perspective that has been neglected to date in the study of this relationship. ..
- M-RISP AT SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITYRafael Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The M-RISP will be co-directed by Dr. John Rogers, a social psychologist and methodologist with ample experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, as well as in survey and experimental designs. ..