Karen J Coleman
Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Prevention of the epidemic increase in child risk of overweight in low-income schools: the El Paso coordinated approach to child healthKaren J Coleman
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92116, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:217-24. 2005..To assess the impact on children's health of translating an evidence-based national intervention trial (Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health [CATCH]) to low-income elementary schools with primarily Hispanic students...
- Overweight and aerobic fitness in children in the United States/Mexico border regionKaren J Coleman
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, California 92182 4162, United States of America
Rev Panam Salud Publica 15:262-71. 2004....
- Evaluation of a multi-component group exercise program for adults with arthritis: Fitness and Exercise for People with Arthritis (FEPA)Susan S Levy
San Diego State University, School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, San Diego, CA 92182 7251, USA
Disabil Health J 5:305-11. 2012....
- Promoting stair use by modeling: an experimental application of the Behavioral Ecological ModelMarc A Adams
PhD, MPH, Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, 9245 Sky Park Court, Suite 230, San Diego, CA, 92123, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:101-9. 2006..This study evaluated the effect of behavioral modeling and social factors promoting stair use...
- Validation of the telephone and in-person interview versions of the 7-day PARHelen A Hayden-Wade
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital San Diego, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:801-9. 2003..To validate the 7-d Physical Activity Recall (PAR) telephone interview version and its activity intensity categories...
- Adoption and institutionalization of the Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health (CATCH) in El Paso, TexasEdward M Heath
Utah State University, Logan, UT, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:157-64. 2003..There are also plans to implement CATCH in Juárez. This article describes the institutionalization of CATCH in a predominately Hispanic, low income border region...
- Examining the relationships among built environment, physical activity, and body mass index in El Paso, TXCandace D Rutt
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Prev Med 40:831-41. 2005..The current study examined the relationships among built environment, physical activity, and body mass index (BMI) in a primarily Hispanic border community in El Paso, TX...
- Evaluation of the institutionalization of the coordinated approach to child health (CATCH) in a U.S./Mexico border communityEdward M Heath
Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation, Utah State University, Logan, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:444-60. 2002..However, some schools were not meeting the fat content goals for school lunches, and no schools met the vigorous physical activity (VPA) goals for PE or the sodium goals for school lunches...
- Comparison of activity monitors to estimate energy cost of treadmill exerciseGeorge A King
Department of Kinesiology, The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:1244-51. 2004..To evaluate the validity of five physical activity monitors available for research: the CSA, the TriTrac-R3D, the RT3, the SenseWear Armband, and the BioTrainer-Pro...
- Using momentary time sampling to estimate minutes of physical activity in physical education: validation of scores for the system for observing fitness instruction timeEdward M Heath
Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department, Utah State University, Logan 84322 7000, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 77:142-6. 2006
- Characteristics of self-selected portion size in young adultsKyle S Burger
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, 1571 Campus Delivery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1571, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:611-8. 2007..The primary objective of this investigation was to evaluate the characteristics surrounding college students' perception of typical portions of real food items...