Gordon Muir Giles
Affiliation: Samuel Merritt College
- Staff-reported antecedents to aggression in a post-acute brain injury treatment programme: what are they and what implications do they have for treatment?Gordon Muir Giles
a Crestwood Treatment Center, Fremont, CA, USA
Neuropsychol Rehabil 23:732-54. 2013..Common treatment approaches can be usefully augmented by a renewed focus on interventions aimed at reducing antecedents that provoke aggression. Possible approaches for achieving this are considered. ..
- Twenty-month effectiveness of a non-aversive, long-term, low-cost programme for persons with persisting neurobehavioural disabilityG M Giles
Crestwood Treatment Center, Fremont, CA, USA
Brain Inj 19:753-64. 2005..To examine the effectiveness of a programme developed for persons with persisting neurobehavioural/ neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Two approaches to behavior disorder after traumatic brain injuryGordon Muir Giles
Crestwood Treatment Center, Fremont, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 21:168-78. 2006..Research implications are discussed including the need to measure the fidelity of all intervention variables...
- Overview and inter-rater reliability of an incident-based rating scale for aggressive behaviour following traumatic brain injury: The Overt Aggression Scale-Modified for Neurorehabilitation-Extended (OAS-MNR-E)Gordon Muir Giles
Idylwood Care Center, Samuel Merritt College, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Brain Inj 21:505-11. 2007..The presentation and evaluation of the Overt Aggression Scale-Modified for Neurorehabilitation-Extended (OAS-MNR-E)...
- Assessing adaptive behaviour in the post-acute setting following traumatic brain injury: initial reliability and validity of the Adaptive Behaviour and Community Competency Scale (ABCCS)Gordon Muir Giles
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc, Idylwood Care Center, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Brain Inj 21:521-9. 2007....
- Non-aversive treatment of repetitive absconding behaviour in clients with severe neuropsychiatric disordersGordon Muir Giles
Idylwood Care Center and Crestwood Treatment Center, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Neuropsychol Rehabil 19:28-40. 2009..A counter-intuitive non-aversive intervention was effective in eliminating dangerous absconding behaviour in two clients with severe neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Cognitive versus functional approaches to rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury: commentary on a randomized controlled trialGordon Muir Giles
Samuel Merritt University, 450 30th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Occup Ther 64:182-5. 2010..In addition, they provide evidence that each type of intervention offers significant advantages for a specific subpopulation. The clinical implications of these findings for occupational therapy practitioners are discussed...
- Comparison of constraint-induced movement therapy and bilateral treatment of equal intensity in people with chronic upper-extremity dysfunction after cerebrovascular accidentKate Hayner
Occupational Therapy Department, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Occup Ther 64:528-39. 2010..We compared the effectiveness of constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) with bilateral treatment of equal intensity for chronic upper-extremity (UE) dysfunction caused by cerebrovascular accident (CVA)...