Alan P Jung
Affiliation: Samford University
- Ambient-temperature beverages are consumed at a rate similar to chilled water in heat-exposed workersAlan P Jung
Department of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama 35229 2244, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 4:54-7. 2007..By providing flavored beverages, fluid consumption may be maintained and degree of heat-illness may be lessened...
- Wheel access does not attenuate weight gain in mice fed high-fat or high-CHO dietsAlan P Jung
Samford University, Birmingham, AL 35229, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:355-60. 2010..To determine the effect of a high-fat or high-carbohydrate diet and running wheel activity on body composition, body mass, and caloric intake in C57Bl/6 mice...
- Physical activity and food consumption in high- and low-active inbred mouse strainsAlan P Jung
Department of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, Samford University, Birmingham, AL 35229, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:1826-33. 2010..To determine the effect of innate activity level and running wheel access on food consumption in high-active (SWR/J) low-active (DBA/2J) mice...
- Survey of sickle cell trait screening in NCAA and NAIA institutionsAlan P Jung
Samford University, Birmingham, AL, USA
Phys Sportsmed 39:158-65. 2011..Screening for sickle cell trait (SCT) in athletes has been recommended by several professional organizations; however, it is not known how many colleges and universities have implemented such screening in athletes...
- Influence of age of exposure to a running wheel on activity in inbred miceAlan P Jung
Exercise Genomics Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:51-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the age at which a running wheel was introduced affected running wheel activity for a subsequent 15-wk period...