William R Saltzman
- Developing a culturally and ecologically sound intervention program for youth exposed to war and terrorismWilliam R Saltzman
College of Education, California State University, Long Beach, CA, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:319-42, x. 2003..Concluding comments detail an expanded conceptual framework for public mental health interventions that may be appropriate for terrorist and mass-casualty events...
- Enhancing family resilience through family narrative co-constructionWilliam R Saltzman
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 16:294-310. 2013..We conclude by describing a family-based narrative intervention currently in use with thousands of military children and families across the USA...
- Unpacking trauma exposure risk factors and differential pathways of influence: predicting postwar mental distress in Bosnian adolescentsChristopher M Layne
UCLA Duke University National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, University of California, Los Angeles, 90064, USA
Child Dev 81:1053-76. 2010..Used together, the methods may unpack the elements and differential effects of "caravans" of risk and promotive factors that co-occur across development...
- Mechanisms of risk and resilience in military families: theoretical and empirical basis of a family-focused resilience enhancement programWilliam R Saltzman
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior and California State University, Long Beach, CA, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 14:213-30. 2011..We describe these resilience-enhancing mechanisms in detail, followed by a discussion of the ways in which evaluation data from the program's first 2 years of operation supports the proposed model and the specified mechanisms of action...
- Evaluation of a family-centered prevention intervention for military children and families facing wartime deploymentsPatricia Lester
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024 6502, USA
Am J Public Health 102:S48-54. 2012..We evaluated the Families OverComing Under Stress program, which provides resiliency training designed to enhance family psychological health in US military families affected by combat- and deployment-related stress...
- Effectiveness of a school-based group psychotherapy program for war-exposed adolescents: a randomized controlled trialChristopher M Layne
UCLA National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, 11150 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 650, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:1048-62. 2008....