Ricardo J Wray
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Addressing the challenge of informed decision making in prostate cancer community outreach to African American menRicardo J Wray
Saint Louis University, MO, USA
Am J Mens Health 5:508-16. 2011..The findings suggest the need for further research to assess the effectiveness of community-based outreach efforts in enhancing engagement of men in decision making related to screening, diagnostics, and treatment...
- Influenza vaccination concerns among older blacks: a randomized controlled trialRicardo J Wray
Department of Community Health, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:429-434.e6. 2009..Previous studies have found that important barriers to vaccination include the fear of adverse reactions and concern that the vaccine causes influenza...
- Changing the conversation about prostate cancer among African Americans: results of formative researchRicardo J Wray
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, Community Health, St Louis, MO, USA
Ethn Health 14:27-43. 2009..To understand obstacles to and opportunities for improving prostate cancer communication to and within African American communities...
- Communicating with the public about emerging health threats: lessons from the Pre-Event Message Development ProjectRicardo J Wray
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, 63104, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2214-22. 2008..We sought to better understand the challenges of communicating with the public about emerging health threats, particularly threats involving toxic chemicals, biological agents, and radioactive materials...
- How can you improve vaccination rates among older African Americans?Ricardo J Wray
Community Health, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Fam Pract 56:925-9. 2007..This study explored older African Americans' concerns about getting the flu vaccine and vaccine providers' level of awareness of these concerns...
- Do cancer patients fully understand clinical trial participation? A pilot study to assess informed consent and patient expectationsRicardo J Wray
Department of Community Health, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Cancer Educ 22:21-4. 2007..Accepted practices of informed consent often result in suboptimal patient understanding of research studies...
- A community-wide media campaign to promote walking in a Missouri townRicardo J Wray
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, 3545 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 2:A04. 2005....
- Theoretical perspectives on public communication preparedness for terrorist attacksRicardo J Wray
Health Communication Research Laboratory, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Fam Community Health 27:232-41. 2004..This theoretical orientation provides a framework to systematically assess current recommendations for preparedness communication...
- What does the public want to know in the event of a terrorist attack using plague?Ricardo Wray
Health Communication Research Laboratory, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 2:208-15. 2004..A dissemination plan is required to ensure that critical information will be available when people need it and where they look...
- Young adults' perceptions about established and emerging tobacco products: results from eight focus groupsRicardo J Wray
Division of Behavior Science and Health Education, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:184-90. 2012..Public health professionals need to understand young adults' risks perceptions about and use of new tobacco products to best inform tobacco control interventions...
- Measuring exposure to health messages in community-based intervention studies: a systematic review of current practicesDaniel S Morris
Saint Louis University, 1402 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Health Educ Behav 36:979-98. 2009..There is substantial room for improvement in measurement and analysis of exposure to communication in community-based disease prevention studies...
- Tailored and targeted health communication: strategies for enhancing information relevanceMatthew W Kreuter
Health Communication Research Laboratory, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:S227-32. 2003..To discuss tailored messages in the broader context of communication strategies designed to enhance the relevance of health information to a given audience...
- Advancing organizational health literacy in health care organizations serving high-needs populations: a case studyNancy L Weaver
Department of Behavioral Science and Health Education, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Health Commun 17:55-66. 2012..The customized needs assessment contributed to an ongoing collaborative process to implement organizational changes that aided in addressing health literacy needs...
- Bridging research and practice through competency-based public health educationDarcell P Scharff
School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette Ave, Salus Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:131-7. 2008..Graduate students will thus be effectively prepared to respond to the changing demands of the field of public health...
- Preventing domestic violence in the african american community: assessing the impact of a dramatic radio serialRicardo J Wray
Health Communication Research Laboratory, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Health Commun 9:31-52. 2004..The evaluation points to the need to better understand how exposure can be achieved to complement our work on developing messages...
- Understanding the decisions of cancer clinical trial participants to enter research studies: factors associated with informed consent, patient satisfaction, and decisional regretJo Ellen Stryker
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Rd NE, rm 572, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Patient Educ Couns 63:104-9. 2006..To understand the psychosocial outcomes related to decision-making processes of individuals eligible for participation in clinical trials...