Jillon S Vander Wal
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- An observational study of the association between adenovirus 36 antibody status and weight loss among youthJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
Obes Facts 6:269-78. 2013..The secondary objective was to assess the association between Ad-36 AB status and baseline lipid values...
- Psychological complications of pediatric obesityJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, 221 North Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:1393-401, x. 2011..Motivational interviewing, patient talking points, brief screening measures, and referral resources are important tools in this process...
- The EDE-Q, BULIT-R, and BEDT as self-report measures of binge eating disorderJillon S Vander Wal
Saint Louis University, Department of Psychology, 221 N Grand Blvd St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Eat Behav 12:267-71. 2011..g., severe restriction outside of binges), while the brevity of the Eating Concern subscale of the EDE-Q makes it optimal for use in brief screening situations...
- The relationship between body mass index and unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescents: the role of family and peer social supportJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Econ Hum Biol 10:395-404. 2012..Results suggest that adolescents are at high risk for use of unhealthy weight control behaviors and would benefit from interventions to increase knowledge and social support for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight...
- Night eating syndrome: a critical review of the literatureJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, 221 N Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 32:49-59. 2012..Areas for further study and development are discussed. NES is an emerging area for clinical description, evaluation, and intervention...
- The effects of social support and coping on the relationship between social anxiety and eating disordersAnna L Wonderlich-Tierney
Saint Louis University, Department of Psychology, 221 North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Eat Behav 11:85-91. 2010..Implications for research and clinical intervention are discussed...
- Psychometric properties of the State and Trait Food Cravings Questionnaires among overweight and obese personsJillon S Vander Wal
Saint Louis University, Department of Psychology, 221 North Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Eat Behav 8:211-23. 2007..The FCQ-S was not a good predictor of subsequent food intake. The FCQ-T and FCQ-S may be useful in studies that examine triggers of and interventions for excessive food intake...
- Escitalopram for treatment of night eating syndrome: a 12-week, randomized, placebo-controlled trialJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:341-5. 2012..113). No significant between-group differences were found for weight, mood ratings, or adverse events. We conclude that escitalopram treatment for 12 weeks was not superior to placebo in reducing NES symptoms as measured by the NEQ...
- Unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescentsJillon S Vander Wal
Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, 63103, USA
J Health Psychol 17:110-20. 2012..Improved self-care may decrease obesity and unhealthy weight control behaviors...
- Effect of a post-dinner snack and partial meal replacement program on weight lossJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Int J Food Sci Nutr 57:97-106. 2006..Providing a structured post-dinner snack along with a PMR program did not enhance weight loss treatment outcomes; however, the PMR program produced beneficial weight loss changes for obese night snackers...
- The role of stress and social support in predicting depression among a hypertensive African American sampleJohn P Dennis
Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
Heart Lung 37:105-12. 2008..We examined social support, stress, and selected demographic variables as predictors of depression among African Americans with hypertension...
- The sociocultural model of eating disorder development: application to a Guatemalan sampleJillon S Vander Wal
Saint Louis University, Department of Psychology, 221 North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Eat Behav 9:277-84. 2008..Thin ideal internalization led to body dissatisfaction and to disturbed eating attitudes and behaviors. Results suggest that developing countries are not immune to the influence of sociocultural risk factors for eating disorders...
- The relationship between religion and religious coping: religious coping as a moderator between religion and adjustmentKeisha Ross
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, MO 63103, USA
J Relig Health 48:454-67. 2009..The participants high on religion and high deferring, high collaborative, and high turning to religion groups were less maladjusted and more satisfied than the other three groups in each of these religious coping styles...
- Components of body image in gay men with HIV/AIDSAaron J Blashill
Saint Louis University, MO, USA
Am J Mens Health 5:6-10. 2011....
- The Male Body Attitudes Scale: A confirmatory factor analysis with a sample of gay menAaron J Blashill
Psychology Department, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Body Image 6:322-5. 2009..These findings suggest that either a two- or three-factor structure may be used when assessing body image concerns in gay men...
- The role of body image dissatisfaction and depression on HAART adherence in HIV positive men: tests of mediation modelsAaron J Blashill
Psychology Department, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
AIDS Behav 14:280-8. 2010..Results suggest the importance of addressing both body dissatisfaction and depression in men who are living with HIV/AIDS...
- Short-term effect of eggs on satiety in overweight and obese subjectsJillon S Vander Wal
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, Missouri, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 24:510-5. 2005....
- Examining health-related quality of life, adaptive skills, and psychological functioning in children and adolescents with epilepsy presenting for a neuropsychological evaluationLauren E Clary
Department of Psychology, St Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
Epilepsy Behav 19:487-93. 2010..It is imperative to evaluate children with epilepsy for psychosocial difficulties and diminished HRQOL to ensure the provision of comprehensive quality care and intervention services...
- Interpersonal sensitivity predicts bulimic symptomatology cross-sectionally and longitudinallyDana M Hamann
Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO, United States
Eat Behav 10:125-7. 2009..IPS is a suitable candidate for inclusion in the dual pathway model of bulimic symptomatology...
- Food-related advertisements and food intake among adult men and womenAnna L Wonderlich-Tierney
Saint Louis University, Shannon Hall 228, 221North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63103 2010, USA
Appetite 71:57-62. 2013..Results suggest the importance of studying the impact of individual difference variables on the relationship between food-related advertising and food intake. ..