Affiliation: Saint Luke's Hospital
- A new method for the study of chylomicron kinetics in vivoY Park
Department of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, St Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279:E1258-63. 2000..kg(-1). h(-1), equal to the presumed ingestion rate. In summary, a radiolabeled intravenous lipid emulsion is able to accurately estimate chylomicron TG R(a) and therefore can be used to measure in vivo fat absorption rates...
- Measurement of human chylomicron triglyceride clearance with a labeled commercial lipid emulsionY Park
University of Missouri Kansas City, Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Department, Mid America Heart Institute, Saint Luke s Hospital, 64111, USA
Lipids 36:115-20. 2001..The results indicate that a radiolabeled commercial lipid emulsion is metabolized in a fashion similar to native chylomicron TG, and thus can be used to study chylomicron TG kinetics...
- Mean platelet volume as an indicator of platelet activation: methodological issuesYongsoon Park
Department of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Platelets 13:301-6. 2002..Mean platelet volume (MPV) is increased in patients at high risk for athero-thrombotic diseases. Thus, an elevated MPV may be a risk marker for platelet activation...
- Triacylglycerol-rich lipoprotein margination: a potential surrogate for whole-body lipoprotein lipase activity and effects of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acidsYongsoon Park
Lipid and Diabetes Research Center, Saint Luke s Hospital, and The University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 64111, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:45-50. 2004..Margination occurs when blood borne particles attach to the vessel wall. Triacylglycerol-rich lipoprotein (TRL) particles marginate when they bind to endothelial lipoprotein lipase (LpL)...
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation accelerates chylomicron triglyceride clearanceYongsoon Park
Department of Medicine, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Lipid Res 44:455-63. 2003..The results suggest that omega-3 FA supplementation accelerates chylomicron TG clearance by increasing LPL activity, and that EPA and DHA are equally effective...
- EPA, but not DHA, decreases mean platelet volume in normal subjectsYongsoon Park
Department of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Lipids 37:941-6. 2002..4 +/- 0.2 vs. 4.1 +/- 0.5%) and DPA (2.0 +/- 0.4 vs. 3.0 +/- 0.4%) concentrations, but not EPA. In conclusion, EPA, but not DHA, reduces platelet activation, an early step in platelet aggregation...
- Cardiovascular disease and long-chain omega-3 fatty acidsWilliam S Harris
Lipid and Diabetes Research Center, Saint Luke s Hospital, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 64111, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 14:9-14. 2003..Of all known dietary factors, long-chain omega-3 fatty acids may be the most protective against death from coronary heart disease. New evidence has confirmed and refined the cardioprotective role of these fatty acids...