Nghi C Nguyen
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and/or computed tomography findings of an unusual breast lymphoma case and concurrent cervical cancer: a case reportNghi C Nguyen
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Saint Louis University, 3635 Vista Avenue at Grand Avenue, Saint Louis, MO, 63110, USA
J Med Case Reports 4:282. 2010..1% of all breast neoplasms. Most breast lymphomas are classified as diffuse large B-cell lymphomas or as mucosa associated lymphoid tissue lymphomas. Concurrent cases of breast lymphoma and cervical cancer are extremely rare...
- Increased 18F-FDG uptake in the posterior ocular bulb is associated with brain metastasis: a retrospective studyNghi C Nguyen
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, St Louis University Hospital, 3635 Vista Ave at S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:W268-74. 2008..An observation of increased (18)F-FDG uptake in the posterior ocular bulb led us to the hypothesis that increased posterior ocular bulb uptake is likely abnormal and may indicate intracranial lesions...
- F-18 FDG PET/CT characterization of talc pleurodesis-induced pleural changes over time: a retrospective studyNghi C Nguyen
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Nucl Med 34:886-90. 2009..The current study characterized pleural changes induced by talc pleurodesis (TP), based on serial positron emission tomography/computer-tomography (PET/CT) with F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG)...
- Is there a common SUV threshold in oncological FDG PET/CT, at least for some common indications? A retrospective studyNghi C Nguyen
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, MO 63110, USA
Acta Oncol 50:670-7. 2011..We further postulate that the SUVmax thresholds are higher in thoracic lesions than in extrathoracic lesions...
- Extrapulmonary small cell carcinoma: involvement of the brain without evidence of extracranial malignancy by serial PET/CT scansChristopher N Hueser
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, St, Louis University Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
World J Surg Oncol 6:102. 2008..Extrapulmonary small cell carcinoma (EPSCC) involving the brain is a rare manifestation of an uncommon tumor type...
- Spinal cord metastases from lung cancer: detection with F-18 FDG PET/CTNghi C Nguyen
Saint Louis Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63310, USA
Clin Nucl Med 33:356-8. 2008..Clinically, the patient recently developed back pain without evidence of neurologic deficits...
- Incidental diagnosis of thrombus within an aneurysm on 18F-FDG PET/CT: frequency in 926 patientsRazi Muzaffar
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Nucl Med 52:1408-11. 2011..Our objective was to evaluate the incidence of aneurysm and the frequency of thrombus within an aneurysm on unenhanced (18)F-FDG PET/CT studies...
- 18F-FDG PET/CT of patients with cancer: comparison of whole-body and limited whole-body techniqueMedhat M Osman
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Saint Louis University, St Louis VA Medical Center, 3635 Vista Ave, 2 DT, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:1397-403. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the incremental added value of true whole-body as opposed to this limited whole-body PET/CT of cancer patients...
- FDG PET/CT incidental diagnosis of a synchronous bladder cancer as a fourth malignancy in a patient with head and neck cancerMedhat M Osman
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Saint Louis University Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Nucl Med 36:496-7. 2011..On lowering the intensity, this lesion showed intense FDG avidity on the PET portion of the examination. Cytoscopic biopsy revealed low-grade papillary urothelial cell carcinoma...
- Prevalence and patterns of soft tissue metastasis: detection with true whole-body F-18 FDG PET/CTNghi C Nguyen
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Saint Louis University Hospital, St, Louis, USA
BMC Med Imaging 7:8. 2007....
- Whole-body 18F-FDG PET/CT: the need for a standardized field of view--a referring-physician aidScott F Huston
Saint Louis University Hospital, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 38:123-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate variations in the FOV and arm positioning selected for whole-body PET/CT protocols at private, as well as academic, PET centers...
- Extrapulmonary Small Cell Carcinoma in Prostate: Detection With F-18 FDG PET/CTMohamed H Sayed
From the Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, St Louis University Hospital, St Louis University, St Louis, MO and daggerDepartment of Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt
Clin Nucl Med 35:38-9. 2010..However, PSA was within the normal range. Tissue sampling of the prostatic lesion revealed small cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine features...
- Peritoneal Mouse as Detected on (18)F-FDG PET-CTTalha Allam
Department of Radiology, Saint Louis University Saint Louis, MO, USA
Front Oncol 3:83. 2013..The significance of being aware of this entity is to distinguish it from metastasis, especially in patients with known abdominal and pelvic malignancies...
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Bulbar Conjunctiva Seen on F-18 FDG PET/CTAmir G Abdelmalik
From the Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Saint Louis University Hospital, St Louis, MO
Clin Nucl Med 35:962-4. 2010..However, follow-up PET/CT demonstrated significant increase in size and uptake of the left retromandibular lymph node, which was proven metastatic in subsequent biopsy...
- Calculation of renal differential function following renal transplant: retrospective validation of a simplified methodAli M Mansouri
Department of Family and Community, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
Clin Nucl Med 37:931-8. 2012..We retrospectively validated a simplified method (SM) to process renal scans and hypothesized that it is comparable with the reference method (RM)...