Robert G Johnson
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Comparison of risk-adjusted 30-day postoperative mortality and morbidity in Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and selected university medical centers: vascular surgical operations in womenRobert G Johnson
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1137-46. 2007....
- Multivariable predictors of postoperative respiratory failure after general and vascular surgery: results from the patient safety in surgery studyRobert G Johnson
Saint Louis University and the John Cochran VA Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1188-98. 2007..This model is an extension of an earlier model that was derived and tested exclusively from a population of male patients from the Veterans Affairs National Surgical Quality Improvement Program...
- Selective use of left heart bypass for aortic coarctationAndrew C Fiore
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:851-6; discussion 856-7. 2010..We evaluated left heart bypass (LHB) for spinal cord protection during aortic coarctation repair in patients with mild (primary, postsurgical, or intervention) and complex coarctation...
- Comparison of angioplasty and surgery for neonatal aortic coarctationAndrew C Fiore
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, St Louis University School of Medicine, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1659-64; discussion 1664-5. 2005..The efficacy of balloon dilatation as primary treatment for neonatal aortic coarctation remains controversial...
- Preoperative noncontrast chest computed tomography identifies potential aortic emboliRichard Lee
Department of Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery Division, St Louis University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110 0250, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:38-41; discussion 42. 2007....
- Depression increases risk of incident myocardial infarction among Veterans Administration patients with rheumatoid arthritisJeffrey F Scherrer
Research Service, St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 31:353-9. 2009..This study evaluates whether depression is a risk factor for incident myocardial infarction (MI) in Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) between 30 and 79 years of age...
- Comparison of risk-adjusted 30-day postoperative mortality and morbidity in Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and selected university medical centers: vascular surgical operations in menMatthew M Hutter
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1115-26. 2007..This article analyzes risk-adjusted outcomes after vascular surgical operations in men performed at VA hospitals as compared with private-sector hospitals...
- T-Coupler: a method of in situ coupling of plate-plate and rod-plate: a technical reportRobert G Johnson
Neurosurgical Associates of San Antonio, P A, TX 78229, USA
Spine J 6:450-4. 2006..In order to extend a fusion above or below, the plate must be explanted and replaced with a longer plate...
- Sodium-hydrogen exchange inhibition by cariporide to reduce the risk of ischemic cardiac events in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting: results of the EXPEDITION studyRobert M Mentzer
Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 East Canfield, 1241 Scott Hall, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1261-70. 2008..The premise was that inhibition of NHE-1 limits intracellcular Na accumulation and thereby limits Na/Ca-exchanger-mediated calcium overload to reduce infarct size...
- Lumbar spine fusionRobert G Johnson
Orthopedics 26:756, 812; author reply 812. 2003