Mary P Guerrera
Affiliation: Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- CAM education: promoting a salutogenic focus in health careDavid P Rakel
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:87-93. 2008....
- Breathing lessonsMary P Guerrera
Department of Family Medicine, University of Connecticut, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Fam Med 36:693-4. 2004
- Healing with the needlesMary P Guerrera
Department of Family Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Ann Fam Med 6:173-4. 2008..A child's spontaneous desire to help her mother during an office visit prompts me to reflect upon the multidimensional nature of healing and how, as family physicians, we often encounter these unique moments in our day-to-day practice...
- Therapeutic uses of magnesiumMary P Guerrera
Department of Family Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Am Fam Physician 80:157-62. 2009..Because magnesium is excreted renally, it should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Food sources of magnesium include green leafy vegetables, nuts, legumes, and whole grains...
- Complementary and alternative medical educationMary P Guerrera
Ann Intern Med 140:68. 2004
- University of Connecticut School of MedicineGail M Sullivan
Acad Med 79:S30-6. 2004
- Natural and traditional medicine in Cuba: lessons for U.S. medical educationDiane Appelbaum
Emory University, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Atlanta, GA, USA
Acad Med 81:1098-103. 2006..S. medical educators and institutions in their endeavors to comply with the IOM recommendations and to incorporate CAM into medical school curricula...
- Integrative patient-centered careMary P Guerrera
J Altern Complement Med 14:454. 2008