Sarah L George
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- The GB virus C (GBV-C) NS3 serine protease inhibits HIV-1 replication in a CD4+ T lymphocyte cell line without decreasing HIV receptor expressionSarah L George
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, St Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30653. 2012..Two GBV-C proteins, NS5A and E2, have been shown previously to inhibit HIV replication in vitro. We investigated whether the GBV-C NS3 serine protease affects HIV replication...
- What you need to know about GB virus CSarah L George
Division of Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, FDT 8N, 3635 Vista Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 7:54-62. 2005..GBV-C E2 protein in serum has also been associated with prolonged survival in HIV infection; recent evidence indicates that GBV-C E2 protein may neutralize HIV infection in vitro...
- GB virus C replicates in primary T and B lymphocytesSarah L George
Research Service and Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University Hospital and St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, MO 63110, USA
J Infect Dis 193:451-4. 2006....
- Clinical, virologic, histologic, and biochemical outcomes after successful HCV therapy: a 5-year follow-up of 150 patientsSarah L George
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Saint Louis University Liver Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Hepatology 49:729-38. 2009..No patient had conclusive evidence of virologic relapse. Three patients had persistently elevated alanine aminotransferase levels; two of these had new liver disease...
- Hepatitis C virus viremia in HIV-infected individuals with negative HCV antibody testsSarah L George
Department of Internal Medicine, Iowa City Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of Iowa, College of Medicine, 52242, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 31:154-62. 2002....
- Inhibition of HIV-1 replication by GB virus C infection through increases in RANTES, MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, and SDF-1Jinhua Xiang
Research Service and Department of Internal Medicine, Iowa City VA Medical Center and University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Lancet 363:2040-6. 2004..This study provides insight into the epidemiological association between GBV-C infection and longer survival in HIV-infected individuals...
- Recombinant hepatitis C virus-like particles expressed by baculovirus: utility in cell-binding and antibody detection assaysJinhua Xiang
Department of Internal Medicine, Iowa City Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Med Virol 68:537-43. 2002..In addition, HCV VLPs seem useful for evaluating HCV-cell interactions...
- Clinical isolates of GB virus type C vary in their ability to persist and replicate in peripheral blood mononuclear cell culturesSarah L George
Departments of Internal Medicine and Research, Iowa City VA Medical Center, University of Iowa, and the Helen C Levitt Center for Viral Pathogenesis, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Virology 316:191-201. 2003..Since GBV-C appears to inhibit HIV replication in a coinfection model, these studies should facilitate determination of the mechanism of this interaction...
- Persistent GB virus C infection is associated with decreased HIV-1 disease progression in the Amsterdam Cohort StudySarah L George
J Infect Dis 191:2156-7; author reply 2158-60. 2005