Randall C Edgell
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Selective endovascular aneurysm neck ligation to treat compressive cranial neuropathyRandall C Edgell
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Neuroimaging 23:211-4. 2013..To report a novel endovascular coiling technique for ligation of aneurysms presenting with cranial neuropathy...
- Vertebral artery origin stenosis and its treatmentAfshin Borhani Haghighi
Research Center for Transgenic Technology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 20:369-76. 2011..We focus on the emerging therapeutic endovascular options and their safety and durability. Finally, we discuss the gaps in the current understanding of VAOS and how best to explore them in the future...
- Mortality of cerebral venous-sinus thrombosis in a large national sampleAfshin Borhani Haghighi
Souers Stroke Institute, Department of Neurology, St Louis University, 1438 S Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Stroke 43:262-4. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the mortality rates associated with cerebral venous-sinus thrombosis in a large national sample...
- Age-associated vasospasm in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageSushant P Kale
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, MO, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 22:22-7. 2013..0001). Our findings suggest that patients age <50 years are at 5-fold greater risk of any vasospasm compared with older patients, and that age-adjusted prevention protocols may need to be considered...
- Endovascular therapy of a craniocervical pial AVF fed by the anterior spinal arteryAmer Alshekhlee
Souers Stroke Institute, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Neuroimaging 23:102-4. 2013..These fistulae were treated with different endovascular techniques, including Onyx and platinum coil embolization into the feeding arteries of the DAVF and PAVF, respectively...
- Is thrombolysis safe in the elderly?: analysis of a national databaseAmer Alshekhlee
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Souers Stroke Institute, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Stroke 41:2259-64. 2010..Thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke in the elderly population is seldom administered...
- How Safe is Eptifibatide during Urgent Carotid Artery Stenting?Hesham Allam
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Souers Stroke Institute, St Louis University St Louis, MO, USA
Front Neurol 4:4. 2013..05).Conclusion: The use of eptifibatide during CAS is safe. The risk of any hemorrhagic complication is rare in this series; however, a prospective study to validate this observation will be helpful...
- Multicenter study of safety in stenting for symptomatic vertebral artery origin stenosis: results from the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology Research ConsortiumRandall C Edgell
Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology Research Consortium at Saint Louis University, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Saint Louis, MO 63104 USA
J Neuroimaging 23:170-4. 2013..To assess the safety and efficacy of vertebral artery origin angioplasty and stenting for stroke prevention in a multicenter clinical experience...
- Middle cerebral artery stenosis associated with moyamoya pattern collateralizationRandall C Edgell
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Saint Louis University Saint Louis, MO, USA
Front Neurol 1:119. 2010..Conclusion: We describe an unusual pattern of anastomosis associated with isolated severe middle cerebral artery stenosis or occlusion in Caucasians...
- Hospital mortality and complications of electively clipped or coiled unruptured intracranial aneurysmAmer Alshekhlee
Department of Neurology, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Stroke 41:1471-6. 2010..To determine the hospital mortality rates associated with elective surgical clipping and endovascular coiling of unruptured intracranial aneurysms...