Elizabeth A Dodson
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Worksite policies and environments supporting physical activity in midwestern communitiesElizabeth A Dodson
Saint Louis University School of Public Health Community Health, Prevention Research Center, Department of Community Health, 3545 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:51-5. 2008..To examine the association of worksite policies and environments to physical activity...
- Barriers to evidence-based decision making in public health: a national survey of chronic disease practitionersJulie A Jacobs
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, USA
Public Health Rep 125:736-42. 2010..This study investigated state and territorial chronic disease practitioners' self-reported barriers to evidence-based decision making (EBDM)...
- A review of obesity-themed policy briefsElizabeth A Dodson
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Brown School, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:S143-8. 2012..The purposes of this project were to identify a collection of obesity-related policy briefs, analyze the content, and make recommendations for model policy briefs...
- Physical activity and diabetes: opportunities for prevention through policyAnjali D Deshpande
Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 4444 Forest Park Ave, Box 8504, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Phys Ther 88:1425-35. 2008..Policy interventions to increase population levels of physical activity show promise for diabetes prevention. Physical therapists are uniquely suited to influence primary prevention efforts for diabetes...
- Communicating evidence-based information on cancer prevention to state-level policy makersRoss C Brownson
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:306-16. 2011..We explored factors that influence the likelihood that state-level policy makers will find a policy brief understandable, credible, and useful...
- State legislators' work on public health-related issues: what influences priorities?Elizabeth A Dodson
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, and Brown School, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:25-9. 2013..Furthermore, researchers seeking to influence policy face an incomplete understanding of what influences legislators' decisions regarding which issues will receive their limited time and focus...
- Use of evidence-based interventions in state health departments: a qualitative assessment of barriers and solutionsElizabeth A Dodson
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Washington University, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8109, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E9-E15. 2010..Specifically, it identified barriers to using EBDM commonly faced by state-level chronic disease practitioners and solutions for increasing the use of EBDM...
- Preventing childhood obesity through state policy: qualitative assessment of enablers and barriersElizabeth A Dodson
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, USA
J Public Health Policy 30:S161-76. 2009..Although the total number of informants was modest, their valuable insights provide policymakers and practitioners with a set of enablers and barriers to be considered when pursuing state-level policy...
- Methods of generating state revenue for breast cancer prevention and early detection: an analysis of pink dollarsAmy A Eyler
Washington University in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Prevention Research Center in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Public Health Rep 126:733-40. 2011..We assessed income tax check-offs, specialty license plates, and lottery tickets as ways states raise funds for the early detection and prevention of breast cancer...